In need of support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In need of support

Options
karen01
karen01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is managing as best as possible. 
I was wondering if any one experienced the same devastating situation. 
I recently advised PIP that I have been diagnosed with pots and fibromyalgia and my health had deteriated  further .
I had to attend another assessment and the assessor totally disregarded everything I stated and didn't even put i have to walk with stick because of leg pain and hypomobility in joints and balance issues. I had been discharged from hospital 2 days before with pneumonia and still having breathing issues.
I'm so devastated and it's hard dealing with pots everyday and constantly feeling your going to pass out let alone the pain with fibromyalgia. ..don't go anywhere unless it's hospital appointment and have to have someone with me. 
.I have welfare adviser appealing this for me, just wondering if anyone can give me hope. 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would rely on what your advisor suggests. You are lucky that you have found someone to help you - many fail in that quest.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's always very risky requesting a change of circumstances for a worsening condition. Unfortunately, no one can tell you your chances of a decision going in your favour.

You have the best possible help with a welfare rights rep so your chances are higher. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • karen01
    karen01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.