pip appeal - panel had issue with a self purchased stick - warning to others I guess :) - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum

pip appeal - panel had issue with a self purchased stick - warning to others I guess :)

2»

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    When I asked about a walking stick ( wooden type) the nurse said due to health and safety they are not allowed to use a saw to cut to correct size but I could have an aluminium NHS one, so I have since bought my own three so far keeping one on my scooter and one for the garden and a very nice wooden carved one bought from a charity shop one of a kind so I had to have it.
  • kazzy1
    kazzy1 Member Posts: 31 Connected
    It's crazy. I paid to upgrade my wheelchair as I'm a permanent user to something a lot lighter. Must make note to use old NHS heavy beast.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.