Hi, my name is Nuddy66! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nuddy66!

Options
Nuddy66
Nuddy66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I’m in receipt of ESA but not in the support group, I get Higher rate mobility and also care component. I have just recieved the papers to fill in yet again regarding ESA which to be honest really stress me out filling in. I just know I will be asked to go for face to face even though I have epilepsy, grand mal, COPD, Asthma, type one one diabetes which has needed me needing angioplasty twice on right leg as walking is very difficult for me. Been told I can possibly lose my leg if they can’t sort it. These face 2 face people are not proffessionals im dreading the future I’m sorry for going on and long post forgive me.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Nuddy66   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please do not apologise for long post. This is what we are here for.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

Please can I advise contact your local CAB office. They have expertise and knowledge of form filling in.

I use them all the time.  Used to use health or support workers.

Make a draft answers a script of want you wish to say on the form. I use A4 paper then ring up CAB make an appointment they will sit with you fill in the form for you.

With you at there side. Using your draft answers offering advice and suggestions.

Also they will photocopy form for you.

Answer any queries or questions on benefits or anything else.

I hope that helps.

Please ask if we can advise and help with anything.

Some one will know.  From our community or team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nuddy66, and a warm welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear this, and about what you're facing at the moment. You're among others who understand here, so do feel free to keep us updated. If you have any questions in the meantime, you may like to post them in our ESA discussions.

Brightness