Hi, my name is aantoniou! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is aantoniou!

aantoniou
aantoniou Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone. I decided to join the forum as I have been reading about your experiences with PIP and ESA assessments, and I am in disbelief that assessors are getting away with their blatant discriminatory and unethical behaviour. I have experienced it through my mum, and in the recent assessment when my mum said she had little appetite to eat, the assessor in her report stated she did not look undernourished ( my mum barely eats and struggles to lose weight due to her health condition). The fact that there is only one report from the assessor , its clearly biased and unjust. I have sent an email of complaint to the DWP-PIP and also contacted my local MP about this issue, which is a disgrace. The stories on the forum are full of courage, and inspired me to not give up. I also contacted the Minister for work and pensions but unsure whether they will respond as I am not in their constituency. However I am willing to try anything if anyone has any other ideas. I believe the assessors and private company employed by DWP need to be held to account

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @aantoniou   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry what has happened.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

There are many members of our community who have been through similar experiences. Who will identify what you and your Mother encountered.

Including myself.

All I can say is we are here to support you. 

Have you complained to the assessor company as well one suggestion I have.  ATOS or CAPITA.

Wish you all the success in your complaints. I would add have a look at benefit and works website. Also Disability News UK.

I do not know the full address but benefits and works website wants to hear from people like yourself their stories.

Used to subscribe. Lots of informative stuff as well as Disability News the same.

I hope that might help further.

Please keep in touch we are here to listen and be a friend.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • aantoniou
    aantoniou Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou so much for your input. I have complained to Capita, I will look into ATOS. I will definitely look into your suggestions. I won't let this go. Take care
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @aantoniou, and a warm welcome to the community! 

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's experiences, and it's brilliant to hear you're being so proactive in challenging the decision and highlighting your experiences. I wish you all the best with it, and do feel free to keep us updated.

Brightness