Struggling to work as a nurse, can I apply for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling to work as a nurse, can I apply for PIP?

Options
lynnettem
lynnettem Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Working nurse .. struggling with rheumatoid and fibromyalgia .. worrying about my future .  I am struggling at work but can’t do anything  when I get home I’m just exhausted pushing myself through the day .. work from hone a lot as sonedays can’t get up to drive .. been told I can apply for pipand mobility to get an automatic car .. whilst I still work not sure this is true any advice ? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lynnettem   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what has happened.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join.

In response to your question. You first need to apply for PIP.  

Benefits find out more.

https://www.gov.uk./browse/benefits/

Benefits calculators 

https://www.gov.uk./benefit-calculators.

This is information on benefits and what your entitled to.

Your only qualify for a car if you qualify for the criteria.

Of the benefit on PIP.

I suggest when you apply for the PIP form speak to CAB about filling it in.

May I also suggest further when the form arrives. It comes with a booklet read carefully.

Make draft answers on sheets of paper what is required. Consult CAB who will advise with your draft answers plus anything else. Will fill the form in with you by your side explaining what is else needed.

I only say this been doing the benefit system a long time and  had support workers fill in forms.

Now CAB.

Hope that helps you.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • lynnettem
    lynnettem Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I will follow this advice ASAP 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lynnettem
    We have lots of information about PIP here that might help and also you can do a PIP self test here to see how you could potentially score.

To be entitled to the Motability you need to score high enough to get the enhanced mobility component (at least 12 points)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Two points I would mention. The first is that what you put on the claim form must not be contradicted by the work that you do. Secondly, aiming to get an automatic car through Motability is sometimes not the best way forward. With PIP you will probably be re-assessed at regular intervals sometimes only a couple of years apart. With each re-assessment you do run the risk of losing the Enhanced Mobility rate which means that the car is re-possessed. Much better if you can buy your own which can never be taken back from you as long as you make the monthly payments. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.