Hi, my name is Meandmyself! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Meandmyself!

Meandmyself
Meandmyself Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello there, I am interested in your site, have epilepsy, osteoarthritis and a few other physical problems and also suffer long term depression and frustration. Seen many doctors, few help esp where my mental health is concerned. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Meandmyself welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, I am sure many members of our community will be able to relate with this. Let us know if we can help you with anything :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering

Hi @Meandmyself

I am sorry to hear about this

Is there anything we can help you with?

To start with you may find our Chronic pain and  Mental health discussions

Let us know if you have any questions

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Meandmyself ;)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Meandmyself Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions who help, advise and guide new members who join the forum.

We as a community do understand what you are going through your problems and issues.

I have mental health issues and problems myself.  Plus a disability. 

So always know each day is not easy and can be difficult to deal with.

One suggestion I have is to look at mental health charities. Something to consider. I used this one last time if that does help you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Sometimes by accessing floating support or an outreach worker . They can identify your issues and problems can also help with additional signposting if that helps you as well.

They often can be beneficial to your well being looking at coping methods and strategies.  As well as lifestyle and related like medication, sleep and other things related.

One final point may I stress they do take clientele as most mental health charities do those with disabilities or other conditions, illness

Often can advise and guide be supportive with those experiencing problems with their disabilities, or other conditions or illness plus additional support for anything welfare and benefit.

Please if you need to know anything . Please ask . Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Hope that helps. Always here to listen, be a friend anytime.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Meandmyself

Welcome it’s great to meet you this afternoon??

I’m also one off the Community Champion’s on here????

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with ?????

@steve51

Brightness