Hi, my name is Chiselo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Chiselo!

Options
Chiselo
Chiselo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I finally built up the courage to get into Scope and stop facing my disability alone! ? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chiselo welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to our community @Chiselo! :) We're really glad to have you with us and congratulations on taking such a bold step. Please let us know if you have any questions, need any help navigating the community or just fancy a chat. You can find our community guidelines here, so please don't hesitate to get involved in some of our most recent discussions.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Chiselo :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Chiselo Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  You come to the right place. You are not alone. We are here to support you.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our website.  We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can advise and help. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chiselo
    Options
    Well firstly thank you for the very warm welcome from you all.  I am Cheryl and I'm an alco....whoops, wrong forum!! lol just kidding! LOL I am 50 yrs young and I live in west Wales, Pembrokeshire but I am 100% South African born 'n raised.  I emigrated over 21 yrs ago with my now ex husband, less said about him the better! :)  I had 2 brain hemmorhages in 1989 & 1990, much like a stroke, but not a stroke! The 2nd one paralysed me down my left side, temporarily,  and has since left me with Dystonia in my left hand 'n foot! If that weren't enough I also struggle with Fibromyalgia!  I usually have a positive outlook on life but have found I've withdrawn a lot over the past 3 yrs in particular 'n keep to myself 'n feel very isolated at times!!

I'm hoping that by joining your online community I will at least not be too isolated anymore.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Chiselo Thank you for sharing.

I wanted to add I use this forum. Every day. Helps me.  Made many new friends. 

If you need to have a chat, always some one around to talk to . Ready to listen, be supportive. 

We are here to help with anything please ask.

Hope that helps you. To give you reassurance.

Feel free to join in discussions.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chiselo
    Options
    I'm wiped out 'n going to lie down, thanks again spiceman. :)

Brightness