Fit for work note — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit for work note

madquasimodo
madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
Me and my partner both have to get "Fit for Work" notes and make sure their handed in, however we know someone who is like my partner and placed in LCWRA she does not have to get the Fit for Work, thinking she was wrong we asked again and she swears she does not need to provide anything to recieve payment, she recently to called in by Jobcentre for an "interview" but has avoided this as her Social worker spoke to them, there must be something more going on.
ESA have placed my partner in LCWRA and have sent a letter telling us they will not be re-assessing her anymore, she wont get better, they know this but still insist on Fit for Work notes.

Is this standard, does everyone have the same issue? I fully understand everyone needs to be checked as some people do recover and get improvement, but some have long term or permanant disablity.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're given LCW or LCWRA then you don't need to send anymore fit notes. Your partner will not need to send anymore but you will need to continue to send them until a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madquasimodo
    Thank for replying and that's what I thought, but a call to UC informed us that she "had" to continue to supply Fit for Work, hence me looking and asking here, to see if anyone else had the same.

• poppy123456
    You say ESA and then you mention you have to call UC. Were you claiming ESA as couple and then transferred to UC?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • madquasimodo
    ESA claim came first, and is a  legacy claim, we then had to claim UC as I was injured at work, UC took ages to sort it out and now deduct the ESA payment from any benefit we receive, because the area we live in has not long gone to UC for some reason they kept the old ESA instead of transferring to the new UC/ESA, I may have misunderstood the advisor when this was explained.
    My ESA claim is still ongoing and I am waiting for my assessment.
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    If the ESA claim was Income related and you were claiming as couple then your ESA payments should have stopped and been transferred to UC.

If your partner was in one of the groups when claiming ESA then the award should have been transferred to UC. I think this is where the confusion is.

If you weren't claiming ESA as a couple and one of you was claiming Contributions based ESA then this will remain as it is and the payments will be deducted from your UC payment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.