PIP 10 YEAR LIGHT TOUCH? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP 10 YEAR LIGHT TOUCH?

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    I have encephalitis which has caused damage to the right side of my brain. This will always be with me. It causes problems daily, motor skills, walking, falling, memory (that’s a biggy), type 1 diabetes, seizures, underactive thyroid, pernicious anemia. I know it’s not the conditions you have but how much toll they have on daily life. My toll is great and leads to enhanced / enhanced. What I am trying to achieve here is to lower the stress levels of the regular reviews. I will call them back at 16:00 and see if I get the same response.

Just to add add to this...my last award letter says “because your condition to unlikely to change I have extended your award and will not contact you before March 22nd 2019”

Weird!
    So @tcellmutation after 22nd March, so to me your due again for review around about NOW... as you say re phone to check.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

No disrespect @tcellmutation I've replied to your post about why you have been told you won't get a form till 22nd September 19. Please read the reply I've giving you above...

Now to your condition you need to show you meet those needs to recieve an ongoing award for PIP.

Follow my advice and explain and make sure you Medical evidence backed up by everything you say.

Also to add as with the advice you've been given already. Also which is worth noting, the best way to fill your form is with short anecdotal sentences relevant to what you can and can't do, add the evidence which is of functional nature within your medical evidence, which relates to how your condition which best describe your disabilities or health condition(s) on a daily basis. Add diagnosis if you can, even having a diagnosis doesn't just automatically entitle you to ESA, or PIP. Your GP might or wouldn't know really how your day to day life is affected.
    Okay great. I’ll call them back. Evidence isn’t a problem and never has been so that’s all 100% not an issue. I’m on first name basis with GP’s, Pharmacists, and Neurologists?‍♂️

@tcellmutation

Okay that's good.

Follow the rest I've given you and add your evidence in. But make sure it's not contradictory of each other.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

@tcellmutation I'm off now as I feel pretty rough and not with it and I never do to much on here as it's sometimes to hard for me to post as I can only talk to the computer or use my left hand only.

But it let us know how you get on with it all, and if you need further help just tag @poppy123456 and she will steer and guide you well, she knows a lot regarding these issues too.

Remember follow the advice we've given you and you should be fine. Good luck.
    ⬇️

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    cristobal said:
    @twonker - I haven't seen any guidance on 10 year awards but there is a list of conditions which wouldn't normally require a face to face assessment, assuming the level of disability claimed doesn't seem to be excessive.

The examples they give are:-

"Severe neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, severely disabling stroke..."

That's the one. Thanks. So it does mention the types of conditions that would attract a 10 year award. Totally understandable as with conditions like those anyone with any common sense will realise that you would only mean that the descriptors will always be matched.
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Just contacted PIP and they have confirmed my review date is 22nd of September 2019. I’m not sure why the review date is 6 months before and not 1 year but that’s correct. 
  • twonker
    Just contacted PIP and they have confirmed my review date is 22nd of September 2019. I’m not sure why the review date is 6 months before and not 1 year but that’s correct. 
    Maybe because the DWP are so overwhelmed with claims and reviews in not having the staff available to carry them out that they have pushed the review back 6 months? The DWP have readily accepted that they cannot even cope with the volume of PIP reviews for those over 65 so are intending to automatically give 10 year awards for everyone who is over 65. They have gone a step further and are intending to only give a 'light touch' at the 10 year point.
  • tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    This was 3 years ago but it’s a possibility. My letter does say that “you will not be contacted before March 22nd 2019”. Not sure if others have that wording in their award letters? This makes it even more stressful given what I am trying to achieve.
  • tcellmutation
    I am now thinking that my review date has been extended 6 months to allow them more time to access my eligibility for the 10 year award thus avoiding unnecessary review forms and assessments. Just a thought
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I am now thinking that my review date has been extended 6 months to allow them more time to access my eligibility for the 10 year award thus avoiding unnecessary review forms and assessments. Just a thought
    I highly doubt that will be the reason because you didn't receive a 10 year award. To be honest i've never heard of them contacting anyone 6 months before an award is due to end before, as previously advised it's usually 1 year before.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    I highly doubt that will be the reason because you didn't receive a 10 year award. To be honest i've never heard of them contacting anyone 6 months before an award is due to end before, as previously advised it's usually 1 year before.
    I haven't received a 10 year award “yet”. It’s not been reviewed yet. This would allow them more time 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    This doesn't make sense, sorry. You can't be reviewed without being sent the AR1 review forms because they're part of the review process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    I have already been reviewed. I currently have a PIP award. It is due to end March 2020. The new 10 year light touch is to “stop” unnecessary reviews.

They will look at my current PIP benefit. See “enhanced / enhanced”. They'll Make a decision to see if I’m eligible for the 10 year award.
    If I am eligible they’ll contact me and inform me I don’t need to come in for another assessment.

Initially this light touch approach was only for new claims but now it has been extended to existing claims.

They won’t arrange another assessment and then make the decision in my case as they already have the paperwork.

”Newton added that work had now begun to identify existing claimants who should be covered by the ‘on-going award’ procedure:” - Jan 2019
  • twonker
    I have already been reviewed. I currently have a PIP award. It is due to end March 2020. The new 10 year light touch is to “stop” unnecessary reviews.

They will look at my current PIP benefit. See “enhanced / enhanced”. They'll Make a decision to see if I’m eligible for the 10 year award.
    If I am eligible they’ll contact me and inform me I don’t need to come in for another assessment.

Initially this light touch approach was only for new claims but now it has been extended to existing claims.

They won’t arrange another assessment and then make the decision in my case as they already have the paperwork.

”Newton added that work had now begun to identify existing claimants who should be covered by the ‘on-going award’ procedure:” - Jan 2019

Personally I would wait and see what they decide. The criteria is fairly strict as regards the 10 year award. If it was as simple as having the enhanced rate for both and having a stable condition/impact then almost everyone with that award and outlook would be getting it. If that is the case then we are almost back knocking on the door of DLA.
    I have a close friend who is 69 and receives enhanced for both and had a 3 year award in 2017. His condition is stable at the moment, it will never improve but will deteriorate over time. M/s Rudd said recently that all pensioners from Spring will not be retested until 10 years have elapsed despite the award given. He has just been sent a AR1 form for a review of his PIP after 2 years of being awarded it.

So much for what the government have said. 

edited March 2019
    Correct a 3 year award will be reviewed in 2, then if after that review he/she could get an ongoing award in enhanced is achieved as ive explained before on this topic many factors need to be taken into consideration before any ongoing award will or could happen.

⬇️

• tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    As I’ve stated many times that’s not happening in my case. No 1 year before form to fill out. In all fairness it’s all new even for you so any changes outside of the box that you haven’t seen before will throw you a little. Ill keep updating

I’ve already had enhanced / enhanced on two assessments now. 

edited March 2019
    As I’ve stated many times that’s not happening in my case. No 1 year before form to fill out. In all fairness it’s all new even for you so any changes outside of the box that you haven’t seen before will throw you a little. Ill keep updating
    Be interesting @tcellmutation as your be the first I've ever heard of being reviewed less than a year, in you case 6 months. I hope its not a disappointment for you. GL?
    ⬇️

• tcellmutation
  • tcellmutation
    I feel like uploading a copy of my award letter and recording a phone call to PIP and posting it here :p
    edited March 2019
    I feel like uploading a copy of my award letter and recording a phone call to PIP and posting it here :p
    As I said my friend I'm ongoing PIP award and no I won't have the agro. If you've been told whatever by the DWP that's what it is? you've asked for information and I believe we've given you loads to be getting on with now it's a ball in your court now.

If you want to post it go for it if it makes you happy.??????
    ⬇️

• tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    Here’s the letter but the phone call maybe a bit too far :p 

Contacted PIP twice via phone which confirmed review date of September 22nd 2019. None of the advisers thought anything of it when questioning it. Then again, I guess that’s not their concern. 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.