PIP 10 YEAR LIGHT TOUCH? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP 10 YEAR LIGHT TOUCH?

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Yes @tcellmutation But my friend it's still states what we've said all along 22nd March 2019.

As ive said I'm not gonna say anymore you've had a phone call with the DWP I trust them phone calls with the contempt they deserve they will tell you anything and you have no proof what was said unless, I don't believe nothing unless it's in writhing. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    By confirming the September date twice and not receiving a renewal letter adds a lot of weight.
    edited March 2019
    By confirming the September date twice and not receiving a renewal letter adds a lot of weight.
    @tcellmutation
    Gotta love your tenacity and the trust in the DWP. Not receiving an AR1 can also be an issue as the DWP could say they sent you one also as you've not received it dose t mean you will be okay. You will have to go with what feels right for you my friend and I hope it's what you expect.

I was on DLA indefinite and no face to face and moved over to PIP with no issues.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• tcellmutation
    Having an ongoing award must take a bit of weight off. I admire the time and effort you put into assist people on here. One day we will all be well
    Having an ongoing award must take a bit of weight off. I admire the time and effort you put into assist people on here. One day we will all be well

@tcellmutation I don't really spend much time on here, yes an ongoing award does but my health is not very good at all and will never improve, but I do a lot of campaigning for disabled organisations and have a few friends in high places.

Yes I can see you have a lot of issues with your health and I know an ongoing award would take pressure of you I appreciate that. I just hope the DWP aren't playing you ive seen and heard of some very awful cases.

Unfortunately I will never be well again I can assure you of that. I've made it my mission to help make a change for disabled people and get involved in all sorts of debates and state the facts as they are, the research I have to do within keeping up to speed with the latest policy's too it's hard work.

I do my little part time work in trying to make a change for the better.

⬇️

• tcellmutation
    Okay I’ll keep my wits about me. Keep up the good work. A credit to all
    Okay I’ll keep my wits about me. Keep up the good work. A credit to all
    You do that and keep us informed @tcellmutation thanks for that?

Just updated one of the DWPs latest scams and where fighting against it. See in my signature below.
    ⬇️

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    I am now thinking that my review date has been extended 6 months to allow them more time to access my eligibility for the 10 year award thus avoiding unnecessary review forms and assessments. Just a thought
    I highly doubt that will be the reason because you didn't receive a 10 year award. To be honest i've never heard of them contacting anyone 6 months before an award is due to end before, as previously advised it's usually 1 year before.
    I did read something not long ago elsewhere about them going to change to reviewing cases six months before the end of awards. It looks like they've now rolled that out or are starting to.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Correct a 3 year award will be reviewed in 2, then if after that review he/she could get an ongoing award in enhanced is achieved as ive explained before on this topic many factors need to be taken into consideration before any ongoing award will or could happen.

I agree but according to M/s Rudd she said that from this Spring no pensioner will be reviewed other than by a light touch after 10 years. The explanation given was that the DWP just don't have the staff to keep on reviewing those over state pension age. So why would my friend of 69 now be having a review of his PIP? My reckoning is that Spring is already here.

On the other hand it is always best to ignore what the government or ministers say as generally it never happens.
  • tcellmutation
    edited March 2019
    twonker said:
    Correct a 3 year award will be reviewed in 2, then if after that review he/she could get an ongoing award in enhanced is achieved as ive explained before on this topic many factors need to be taken into consideration before any ongoing award will or could happen.

I agree but according to M/s Rudd she said that from this Spring no pensioner will be reviewed other than by a light touch after 10 years. The explanation given was that the DWP just don't have the staff to keep on reviewing those over state pension age. So why would my friend of 69 now be having a review of his PIP? My reckoning is that Spring is already here.

On the other hand it is always best to ignore what the government or ministers say as generally it never happens.
    Perhaps because the review form and process for your friend was already being generated and was too far in the PIP process to stop the review form from being sent. These laws are very new.
  • twonker

Perhaps because the review form and process for your friend was already being generated and was too far in the PIP process to stop the review form from being sent. These laws are very new.
    I never thought of that, thanks. So the bad news for my friend is that he is going to have to go through with the review, the inevitable face to face assessment and wait another 12 months + before the Tribunal overturns the decision as he had to last time and the time before.
    That is really going to make his day when I tell him !!
    edited March 2019
    @tcellmutation and @twonker Also bear in mind as his award was already live and decided before these regulations came out and he may well have to go through this one more time,  and only then if he still fits the criteria and then he may get an ongoing award.

Trust me they did a similar idea with ESA in September 17 for those already in the Support Group and would have to have another assessment first. If they then fitted the criteria, again, then only then would be placed in the exception group.

As ive said on many time never believe what the DWP say, they made these changes to make them selfs look as if there doing something for the disabled....

Never trust a Tory..

⬇️

• twonker
    @tcellmutation and @twonker Also bear in mind as his award was already live and decided before these regulations came out and he may well have to go through this one more time,  and only then if he still fits the criteria and then he may get an ongoing award.
    From what I have read of M/s Rudd's statement having to have another assessment was never mentioned. Her words were that all pensioners will no longer have to undergo regular reviews, they will be given 10 year awards. That to me reads that all current awards irrespective of the length of it will automatically be extended to 10 years from date of the original decision. In other words a revision of the original decision.

Still I may well be wrong and as you say you cannot trust any of them.
    @twonker you know best, I'm not going to argue with you. You just wait and see what happens? Good luck.

I know how the DWP operates. Good day.

⬇️

• horis
    horis Posts: 23 Connected
    Hello, hope I’m posting this in the correct section. I’m expecting my 1 year review letter from DWP anytime now. My PIP claim is due to end March 22nd 2020. This would end my 4 year PIP award receiving enhanced/ enhanced. 

Below are some links to info i can muster up regarding the 10 year “light touch” awards for those on enhanced / enhanced PIP which would end the need for stressful reassments. I’m also aware that “light touch” hasn’t been fully outlined yet except for making sure the DWP have my correct bank details.

I have multiple health conditions that won’t improve and have been on PIP enhanced / enhanced for 5/6 years now.

Being on enhanced / enhanced (sorry for repeating) I’m thinking this could apply to me? 

Another reassessment letter could be in the post as I type this. It would just be comforting to not have that PIP clock ticking away in the back of my head. 

http://data.parliament.uk/DepositedPapers/Files/DEP2018-1113/UIN_174062_-_Award_period_guidance_10.10.18.pdf

https://community.mssociety.org.uk/forums/everyday-living/dwp-new-pip-guidance

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-statement/Commons/2018-12-20/HCWS1224

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3857-dwp-begins-moving-existing-pip-claimants-to-10-year-light-touch-reviews

Thanks!

• tcellmutation
    Just an update. Called PIP just now and have been given 10 year PIP without a review!
  • tcellmutation
    @twonker you know best, I'm not going to argue with you. You just wait and see what happens? Good luck.

I know how the DWP operates. Good day.

?
  • tcellmutation
    edited April 2019
    I think I’m very lucky to get this
    [Image removed by moderator]

I’ve read some horror stories of people worse off then me not even getting any points. I hope the system works for these people in the end
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.