Advice, possibly quitting work — Scope | Disability forum

Advice, possibly quitting work

mumtothree Member Posts: 3 Listener
hi I have a recently diagnosed 17 year old, he hardly leaves the house and just sits in his room, my query is I work 30 hours a week this appears to be increasing each week and I’m struggling with childcare for my younger child as my 17 year old looks after him. I’m thinking about giving up work completely to care for my autistic 17 year old as I feel he is needing me more and more each day, also to take the pressure off him, will I be entitled to do this and how would I get the ball rolling? I just don’t know what else to do, I’ve always worked but as a single mum it’s becoming more and more difficult to arrange childcare, my 17 year old says he doesn’t mind babysitting but I feel it’s becoming too much for him, any advice on this would be great. 
Thank you



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.