PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money?

Comments

• leysdown61
    leysdown61 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had my tribuneral hearing last tuesday the judge said i was unfairly dismissed and as well as getting my standed rate back she also awarded me enhanced mobility and to be backdated from 21st june 2018as i should not have had it taken away can they backdate 8 months money
  • smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Yes the can I had back pay from June to the Feb when I won, nice lump sun coming your way 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Starlady
    Starlady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I won my tribunal had a call from the DWP last Friday they told me my backdated pip would be in my account within 5 working days is this correct or does it take longer they've got to pay me from beginning of October 2017.
  • poppy123456
    Starlady said:
    I won my tribunal had a call from the DWP last Friday they told me my backdated pip would be in my account within 5 working days is this correct or does it take longer they've got to pay me from beginning of October 2017.
    Great news. If that's what you've been told then it should be in your account tomorrow. If not then ring them again. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Starlady, well done on your tribunal win! Did they pay you today as promised? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Starlady
    Starlady Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    No but got the acknowledgment letter from the DWP today  should get it next Tuesday and they won't contact me again until after November 2027
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant news @Starlady, thanks for updating! So pleased for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katie3
    katie3 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I had appeal on 20th may anyone know how long I will wait for backdated as two weeks later been sent appointment for another medical
  • poppy123456
    katie3 said:
    I had appeal on 20th may anyone know how long I will wait for backdated as two weeks later been sent appointment for another medical
    It can take 8 weeks to receive any backdated money owed after a Tribunal win.

What was the Tribunal for and what is your face to face assessment for? ESA or PIP?
  • katie3
    Thank you and they’ve both for pip I had appeal two weeks ago and won’t it yesterday got text for another assessment 
  • poppy123456
    Did you have a PIP award before you went to the Tribunal? or did you re-apply while you were waiting for the hearing?
  • katie3
    I never retried why I was waiting but mine ends in feb so think that may Been the reason why 
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    Hi everyone, I won my appeal on the 21st of May . Well done to everyone who also won . They put us through the mill . I haven’t heard anything and wondering if I should have sent my letter to the Dwp? 
  • poppy123456
    Jaytbm1 said:
    Hi everyone, I won my appeal on the 21st of May . Well done to everyone who also won . They put us through the mill . I haven’t heard anything and wondering if I should have sent my letter to the Dwp? 
    Great news. There's no need to send anything to DWP because the Tribunal will have already done that. Backdated money can take 8 weeks after a Tribunal win. Hopefully not too long now.
  • Jaytbm1
    @poppy123456 Thank you. Don’t think I can face a telephone call x
  • katie3
    I had I hadn’t mine 20th may get mine tomorrow but disband call up
  • Jaytbm1
    @Katie3 That’s good news , I will have to ring them . Heard nothing from them 
  • katie3
    Yes definitely give them a ring they can outback u thru to who I sent dealing with them, when did I have ur appeal
  • Jaytbm1
    katie3 the 21st of May . I will ring them up today . Thank you for your reply 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.