Can they close my ESA account ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can they close my ESA account ?

Comments

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Is this a good outcome ?
    I thought id lose my esa coz of the money in the bank not get more ?
    She said theres no end date ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    When you first asked the question a couple of months ago i remember asking if part of your claim was Contributions based or whether all of it was Income related. You said you thought it was all Income related, so the advice was that all your money would stop because of your savings.

As you were claiming Contributions based with an Income related top up then you get to keep the contributions based part and just the income related will stop. This means you'll continue to receive the amount you're receiving, which is a reduction because of your savings. The amount you would have been receiving before you moved would have been more.

Contributions based isn't means tested and you'll continue to claim this for as long as you remain in the Support Group. If you're moved to the WRAG then it's only payable for 365 days.

The form you received for the work capability assessment will need to be returned no later than the date stated on the letter. You'll need evidence to support your claim and a face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maggieomx
    Now can i stop worrying about my money in my bank and collecting every receipt as my esa account isnt means tested ??my daughter needs a loan of £3,000 to pay off a debt accrued  by her ex boyfriend 
    Can i lend this her without worrying ???
  • poppy123456
    Your Contributions based ESA is not means tested. This means that any savings/capitol or any other income you have is not counted. This means you can do what you want with your money because it doesn't make any difference to the amount of ESA you're receiving.

However, if anytime in the future your savings drop below £16,000 and you re-apply for the Income related top up (extra money on your existing ESA) then they may want to know what you did with the money for it to drop below £16,000.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • maggieomx
    Hiya does nothing go easy ?
    My pip was reviewed on 19th march saying nothi g had changed and il stil get my pip as im regostered disabled  .
    i got a letter now for the esa work capability test 
    Just been to doctors to get some more evidence as i came out of a double fractured pelvis which DWP dont know about so drs receptionist said she would send me last 2 years medical records but when she looked on computer my medical records from manchester have not arrived in wales and could take up too 3 months to arrive in wales.
     so wont be able to send any info to the work capability people  any idea what i should do ????
  • poppy123456
    It's perfectly normal for medical records to take that long to be sent from one GP to another. You could ring your old GP and ask if they still have them.

May i ask what evidence you used for your PIP review? As that was fairly recent. Do you not photo copy the evidence you have before sending it to DWP? I always keep all my evidence in a folder so that i always have it ready when ESA and PIP are reviewed.
  • maggieomx
    When i went for my dla to pip assesment 3 years ago they had 108 pieces of evidence copied when i went and i won .
    i got this new renewal letter  in march saying they had look at my pip again and it hadnt changed and i didnt even know it was being done  ????
  • poppy123456
    That was because they most likely used your DLA file as evidence for your PIP claim. PIP and ESA are different benefits and they don't look at PIP evidence when reviewing ESA. They also very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.
  • maggieomx
    Thats why i want to get my medical records as i have evidence of my double fractured pelvic and also me being diagnosed with osteo arthritis and rhumatoid arthritis i know i wont have it by 7th june when form needs to be in ? Do you think i might get a while longer to send forms and evidence to them ?
  • poppy123456
    Please be aware that it's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. The diagnosis of those conditions isn't going to tell them how you're affected by those conditions.

There's no extension of time to return the ESA50 form and it must be returned no later than the date stated on the letter. If it's not returned by that date then you'll be found fit for work for failing to return the form.

It will be worth knowing the reasons why you were placed into the support group the last time and if that still applies then you'll know what to concentrate on when filling in the form. If it was mobilising then they will also take into consideration your ability to use a self propel wheelchair. See Support Group descriptors in this link. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1353-support-group-descriptors

If the decision is to place you into the WRAG then because you're claiming Contributions based ESA then this will only be paid for 365 days and then it will stop. As you have savings over £16,000 then you won't be entitled to claim Income related ESA.

• maggieomx
    Hi poppy as you know i have money in my account from sale of my house im on CONTRIBUTION ESA. £223.30 per 2 weeks .can you tell me how this £223.30 is made up with ?
    I was on ESA with SDP id like to know if iv lost that ?
  • poppy123456
    That amount will be £73.10 because you're a single person. Then £38.55 for being in the Support Group. Added together is £111.65 per week Contributions based. Which is £223.30 every 2 weeks.

You lost the SDP and the other disability premium (approximately £82 per week) because your savings are more than £16,000 and you're not entitled to the premiums because they are means tested.

You're still entitled to the £223.30 which is a very good thing. If your claim had been all income related then you would have lost it all.
  • maggieomx
    Im not being greedy i wanted to.know how my payment was made up thats all.
  • poppy123456
    I never said you were, i was just explaining it to you.
  • maggieomx
    Poppy i didnt think you was?
    I am greatfull you have explained it to me thankyou.
  • poppy123456
    No problem.
  • maggieomx
    Hiya poppy is fibromyligia reconised by the DWP ??
    JUST been diagnosed with it ???
  • poppy123456
    It's not about a diagnosis for PIP or ESA, it's how those conditions affect you.
  • maggieomx
    Hi poppy I went citizens advice who filled my form in as my daughter who is my lasting power of attorney always fills my forms in for DWP but this form she wasn’t able to do it. I foned  DWP to tell them I was having trouble getting the form filled in time
    todays the 4th June form has to be back for the 7th June 
    so I went job centre to tell them I was having trouble getting it back to DWP in  time. Yesterday I got a reminder from DWP telling me if it wasn’t  returned by 67th June my money will be stopped !!
    i went to job centre yesterday to tell them I wouldn’t get form filled in time .
    the guy got my claim up on the computer where I found out I’d been granted another week till the 14th June to get form returned.
    just weird the message on the p.c but wasn’t told about the extension?
    so I’m going job centre and I’m going to ask him to print the message off the p.c for me  As proof .
    still not got my medical records from old doctors just sent as much evidence to them as I can ?
  • poppy123456
    There's no extension of time to return the ESA50 form. The rules are relaxed if you're claiming for mental health but if you're not and the forms aren't received by the date on the letter you could be found fit for work for failing to return the form.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.