Hi all, im new here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all, im new here

mandyZ
mandyZ Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited June 2019 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone. 
As title says, im new here so just wanted to say hello. 
Having a bit of a stressful time of it lately so came here for a bit of advice really. (In another post)
Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mandyZ and welcome

We are happy to help if we can
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mandyZ

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know how we can help you????

@steve51
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mandyZ,
    Welcome to the Community.  Sorry to hear you are feeling stressed.  The Community is here to support you.  Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions at all.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • mandyZ
    edited June 2019
    Hi all, thanks very much for the replies. 

To be honest I don’t really know what advice I want! Well, one thing was I wondered if anyone had done an online appeal for PIP?
    Other than that, I feel like I’m alone in a bit of a dark hole right now, for various reasons...but self pity is not a great look!
  • steve51
    Hi @mandyZ

That's no probs!!!!

Here's some info below for you about pip appeals. 

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/challenging-PIP-or-other-benefits-decisions/

You don't need to feel alone anymore as we are here for you "24/7"

@steve51

• mandyZ
    Thanks Steve for the link, I used those advice pages when I did the MR, they were very helpful.
    Someone helped on my other post about my appeal question so I’ll be having a go at that later on.
    its my partners PIP I’m trying to sort out. I’m just so dismayed how some fellow human beings can be so callous and uncaring, it’s truly awful. He’s undoubtedly entitled to enhanced rates of both and he was awarded zero in everything, after receiving standard daily only since 2013.

I have not long sent off my own claim for PIP, I should have done it a long time ago but I couldn’t face doing it. I’m sure I’ll be refused and I don’t know if I have the energy to to do all this again. Least I know now that I have to record my assessment so it will either deter the HP from lying or I’ll have proof if they do lie!

Im mostly bedbound these days so I don’t see friends anymore and I don’t do social media so barely have any contact with them. I feel guilty all the time that I can’t do much now and I really miss doing the things I used to be able to do. I then feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself as I know there are many people that are more worse off than me. It’s a vicious circle!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mandyZ and welcome to the community! I'm sorry things have been really stressful at the moment. If you require anymore advice on the PIP process then please do not hesitate to ask :)
    Scope

• mandyZ
    Hi Chloe, thank you very much. 
    I have literally just had a phone call from them to arrange my assessment, they must have sensed I was talking about them!
    Its in a couple of weeks at the same place my partner had his. I don’t know how I’d feel if I had the same person! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem at all @mandyZ! Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and please do keep us updated :) 

Scope

• mandyZ
  • mandyZ
    Hi everyone ?
    ‘I had my PIP assessment and recorded it. The person seemed nice but that doesn’t mean anything! 
    ‘I got my decision and I’ve been awarded the basic rate of both! I was shocked as I thought I’d get nothing seeing as it was my first time claiming! 
    I will be doing an MR though as they have unscored me a lot, mainly because I said I drive round the corner to my parents house on rare occasions, maybe on average over a year once a month at most. It’s 0.57 miles, if it weren’t for a few houses in the way I’d be able to see theirs! So because of this I am obviously capable of being able to do most things for the majority of the time. 
    I think I only got an award because I recorded it. 

Just thought I’d update you ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @mandyZ, thanks for letting us know! I hope the MR goes well. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thanks for updating us @mandyZ, I really hope the MR goes well :)
    Scope

• mandyZ
    Thank you both very much ?
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello    @mandyZ        

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. I am very  sorry to hear that you are having a stressful time

Here at scope we welcome people from all walks of life, please feel free to have a look around our online community, and join in, we welcome new blood and would welcome your opinion.

if we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us,

Enjoy the rest of your day

@connie00   :) 

• steve51
    Hi @mandyZ

Good Afternoon!!!!

I see that you have got your assessment in 2wks time.

I had mine at my house & the lady seemed to be okay!!!!

When I had the report back yet again it was full of lies.

Please please let me know if you need any help/support getting things ready????

@steve51

Brightness