PIP assessor phoning me at home, help. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessor phoning me at home, help.

Options
13»

Comments

• firefly22
    firefly22 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    She called this morning at just gone 8am.

It went OK I think, it was different questions to before, how I cope with panic attacks and how I would cope on my own etc. She says she thinks she has it all now.

I'm terrible on the phone and I'm expecting a bad result, but I just hope it's over now!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @firefly22, that's very early to have to confront something like that! How are you feeling now? Have you managed to distract yourself a bit over the course of the day?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • firefly22
    firefly22 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Yes, it was very early, and I had had no sleep for hours the night before. I had only woken up at just before 8 too, but at least  didn't have time to worry about it.

I've been better now it's over and I'm trying to tell myself it's all done now. Hopefully it really is this time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why are you deleting comments ??,,
    The only ones that can permanently delete comments are admin.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @apollo14lmp,
    I'm sorry to hear you want your account deleted. I'll contact you by email to explain the process and we'll get it sorted for you ASAP.

Best wishes,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @apollo14lmp, I've emailed you to ask about deleting your account. If you can get back to me, I'll get it sorted out for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hello @apollo14lmp, I'm very sorry to read that you're in a bad place and that you don't feel the community has been supportive of you. I'm also sorry if you feel as if I've been rude to you, as that's never my intention and if there's anything in particular that you'd like help with, I'd be happy to assist. You're always welcome to make a post here, or message the team at community@scope.org.uk.

The reason I've had to email with regards to closing your account, is that there are different ways of doing this, such as leaving your content intact but deleting your account, or by deleting everything and I need your explicit permission to do either. If you can let me know your preference, I'll be able to assist with this.

Additionally, if you'd like to make a complaint, you can do so here.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can like comments and still have nothing to comment about.

I remember your problems with the housing benefit but that's something you really do need to get some expert advice about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @apollo14lmp - I'm very sorry for the problems you have and I hope you can find some help to sort them out.

Lot's of people who post on here - and I'm one - have had a bad experience with PIP but I don't think that constantly making negative posts on here helps anyone. People seem to 'vent' and then move on and I'm sorry that you can't do that. If you check back through this topic you will see what I mean.

Personally I've always thought of this forum as been for 'advice'. I wonder if your posts about Amber Rudd and "tories would send you up a chimney' might be better on a political forum?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @apollo14lmp - It is very hard and sometimes everyone needs to sound off. I don't know if this might help?

When I became ill I get stressed very easily and also see a lot of negative in things.Whatever happens I always see the worst... I can't change that - it's just the way i am now.

If someone/something is making me stressed I ask myself "Can I actually change this?" If the answer is "No" then I try (and this is the hard bit) to just let it wash over me and not worry.

The same with thinking negative thoughts. I have to think all of the time "What's the positive in this?" and look at the positive rather than the negative. Same with posting on the internet, although I do lapse from time to time!

Can't help with your Housing I'm sorry as I've not claimed it but there is another forum for that I think..
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ajones :) Welcome to the community. I can see you've been commenting on some quite old posts. I made you your own post, which you can find here, so that you can get some answers specific to your situation.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.