Masters research: The impact equipment has on the lives of parents of children with disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Masters research: The impact equipment has on the lives of parents of children with disabilities

Clare_arms
Clare_arms Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2019 in Research and opportunities

Hello, we are two Occupational Therapy Masters student looking into the impact that equipment has on the lives of parents of children with disabilities. If this is something that you can relate to, please take 10 minutes to fill out our survey. Thank you!

https://yorksj.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5tlFXNIzxbeMShf

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clare_arms and thank you for coming to the community with this! I will move your thread into the survey/ research section and I wish you both the very best of luck with your project! If you're able to, I'm sure we'd love to know what you find out :)

If there is anything else we can do to help then please do let me know!
    Scope

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Clare_arms :) All the best with this!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • Clare_arms
    Thank you so much for completing it’s really appreciated! If you know anyone else who this may be suitable for please point them in this direction  :)
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    do you need to be the parent of a disabled child to complete the form? 

I am a disabled adult and the availability or lack of appropriate equipment can have a huge impact on a disabled person and their families, disability equipment is so expensive and a good majority is not funded by the NHS leading to people having to either fundraise themselves or approach charities for support
  • Clare_arms
    Hi Garza, apologies for the late reply I did not see your comment! The questions are aimed at parents with most of them asking about 'your child' but please feel free to have a look and answer them relating to yourself if you can! You have made a very good point and would be a really good area to look into further with research. Thank you for raising this!
  • Clare_arms
    Thank you to anyone who has done this already, I still need a few more responses so if anyone else can help it would be really appreciated! 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.