Hello my name is Sarah — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello my name is Sarah

quips
quips Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hello my name is bquips but I’m Sarah to most people. This is my first post I just wanted to say hi. I’m having s very difficult time right now. I am very isolated I am housebound and moved here three years ago but bcos I’m unable to go out I hvent met any one so I only see one person who brings my medications each week. I don’t really want to say more than that I sound like I’m feeling very sorry for myself sorry. I shld throw a ‘pity party’  but I can’t get a cake! (that’s my attempt at humour) 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @quips welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you're feeling isolated. How are you feeling today?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @quips welcome to the community. How are you doing today? I am sorry to hear you have been feeling isolated. I am sure a lot of our members will relate to you, so please do not feel alone in feeling this way. You may find our coffee lounge interesting, where we share our favourite movies, art work and recipes. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @quips and welcome to the community. Don't worry about feeling sorry for yourself. It sounds like a tough situation and one I'm sure many of our members will have experience of in some way. Do you have much in the way of support from your GP about this?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @quips,
    Welcome to the Community.  It is lovely to meet you.  I am sorry to hear about your situation.  Do you have any hobbies/interests you like to do?  I find doing some arts and crafts lifts my spirits when I can't go out due to pain.  Please let us know if we can be of any help to you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @quips

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • brydiedwards
    brydiedwards Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Hi @quips, welcome! Don't worry about sounding like you feel sorry for yourself; if there's anywhere that people will understand that, it's here! I'm sorry you're having a difficult time right now. Please let us know if there's anything specific you'd like support with :) 
  • quips
    Thank you to all those who left such encouraging comments. I was truly touched that people appeared to care so much about a complete stranger. Thanks, to all of you.
  • Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
  • brydiedwards
    brydiedwards Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    quips said:
    Thank you to all those who left such encouraging comments. I was truly touched that people appeared to care so much about a complete stranger. Thanks, to all of you.
    That's what we're here for! However isolated you're feeling there are always likeminded people here to listen/chat :)
  • steve51
    Hi @quips

“No Probs”

We are all here to “Support Each Other”

Please please keep us in “Mind” as & when “Required”

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    How are you doing today @quips?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @quips   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear that your having problems feeling isolated.

I use this forum really great community. To just help me through the days.

Always happy to chat and have made many friends on here.

Look forward to talking to you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • quips
    I actually think about taking all my weekly meds at once. I think about it a lot. I hate that I hve these thoughts but it’s the first time I’ve ever voiced that so I hope I don’t regret it
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hello @quips

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way, but I'm glad you shared it with us and I too hope you won't regret being so brave.

I understand you feel isolated, but as a member of our community you are important to us and we're absolutely here to support you in whatever way we can, whether that's signposting you to services and resources, or just being here when and if you need a chat. I (and many of us here) can definitely relate to feelings of isolation. Do you have any hobbies you could use to distract you?

MIND have some great resources about battling mental health issues (and in particular loneliness) and we're all great listeners, but if you are having suicidal thoughts, you should really speak to someone qualified to help you with them. So, if these thoughts continue, please keep talking to us, but also give Samaritans a call on 116 123 (if you prefer, you can email them at jo@samaritans.org or even write them a letter!)
    If at any time you think you might be in immediate danger, please call 999 or go straight to your local hospital.

I know you've only been a member of our community for a short while, Sarah, but we're here if you need us. In case you don't see this, I'm just going to send you an email to make sure you're doing okay, but don't feel obligated to reply and I hope you're feeling a little bit better this afternoon.

Best wishes,

Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    Hi @quips

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems/thoughts.

Please please come back to me if you need someone to talk too or if you need any support with things???

It’s good that you have voiced your concerns!!!!

We now need to work through these if that will be “Helpful”

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome @quips you are not alone
  • steve51
    Hi @quips

Good Morning!!!!!!

How are you doing today?????

@steve.
  • Adrian74
    Adrian74 Community member Posts: 19 Connected