Hello :-) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello :-)

megan_parker
megan_parker Community member Posts: 12 Connected
hi, my name is Megan and I’ve just started as one of the Community Champions here. I’m excited to get started and hopefully get to know you all :)

I am 21 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia around 2 years ago. More recently, I have been diagnosed with both under active thyroid and coeliac disease. It’s taken me a long time to come to terms with the fibromyalgia and tbh I still have a lot of bad days as I also suffer from both anxiety and depression. It can feel extremely lonely as, although my friends do their best, they just do not understand that I can’t keep up with them. I try and stay as positive as I can and hopefully joining Scope and talking to others will help me :)

i look forward to getting to know everyone x

Comments

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hi Megan welcome to the forums!

You will find a great community here and we look forward to talking to you more.

Anthony
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @megan_parker. Very glad you've joined us. How are you doing today? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @megan_parker, it's great to have you on board! :)
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @megan_parker

Good Afternoon & Welcome.

That's great to know that you are one of our team (Community Champion)

Please please let me know if you you need a hand getting around???? 

@steve51

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @megan_parker :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @megan_parker welcome to the community. I’m Emma, it is lovely to meet a fellow Community Champion here. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @megan_parker   Pleased to meet you welcome.

I am one of the team of community champions.

Pleasure to be supporting you.

Please ask if I can help with anything. Please get in touch.

Have a wonderful time.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kath1
    kath1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi megan 
    Nice to meet u 
    I have bipolar and my husband hads autism and my daughter is dyspraxia 
    I have a sister in law M.E and a friend with fribromrilga not sure if  spelt right I have dyslexia I don't see much of my friend these days as she not so well at mo only communication is with Facebook as she doesn't get out much i do u understand how you feel it not easy  you just need to take one day ag a time  if you ever feel like chat get In touch 
    Kathryn  
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @megan_parker and welcome to the Community.  So lovely to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Great to hear we have another Community Champion on board!  I'm sure you will love the role.  I am a Community Champion too and really enjoy it.  Everyone is lovely on here and so supportive of each other.  I am sorry to hear of your health struggles and hope by talking to others and meeting new friends that it will help you to feel a bit better.  Doing the role has certainly helped me with confidence and taking my mind off my own health issues.  I look forward to reading future posts from you and am happy to chat anytime.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • linlin01
    linlin01 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Hi @megan_parker, welcome to the community, I'm also a newbie. I hope you enjoy being a community champion.  I am finding that signing in to the forum everyday is a great pain distraction technique  :)

Brightness