Tribunal representative — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal representative

Options
hindun8889
hindun8889 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I've just found out I have been awarded zero points at MR stage of PIP. This is my third 4th time applying in a number of years and each time I gave up at this stage due to social anxiety. Over the past year I've not left the house once due to my anxiety so it would make a tribunal very difficult for me. Does anyone know of any options I may have regarding this? I have a partner who would be willing to go in my place however I'm unsure that is even wise or allowed? Thank you 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hindun8889 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, I imagine this has been very stressful. Unfortunately the majority of decisions need to go to tribunal to change. Is your partner your appointed person who deals with your benefit claims?

Here is more information about a tribunal.

If you do decide to go forward with this I hope the community will be able to support you. Have you ever gained face to face advice? 
    Scope

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid your partner will not be able to go to the Tribunal in place of you, you will need to attend the hearing yourself.

You can request a telephone hearing.

Or you can request a paper based decision. Do be aware that paper based decision success is between 5-8% and appearing in person jumps massively to 74%. Is your partner able to go with you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @hindun8889.

I'm really sorry to read your claim has been turned down again. Your best chance is to go to tribunal but I do understand how difficult that can be. A telephone hearing may be a good option for you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @hindun8889

As @Chloe_Scope as kindly pointed out. You could seek your partner becoming your Appointee in relationship with benefits from the DWP.

Appointee’s are recognised by the Tribunal and you would not have to attend.

If you feel your partner can assist you, then this is worthy of your consideration.

You could also request that the Tribunal takes place in your home.

Keep us informed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.