If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tribunal representative

hindun8889hindun8889 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello I've just found out I have been awarded zero points at MR stage of PIP. This is my third 4th time applying in a number of years and each time I gave up at this stage due to social anxiety. Over the past year I've not left the house once due to my anxiety so it would make a tribunal very difficult for me. Does anyone know of any options I may have regarding this? I have a partner who would be willing to go in my place however I'm unsure that is even wise or allowed? Thank you 


  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hindun8889 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, I imagine this has been very stressful. Unfortunately the majority of decisions need to go to tribunal to change. Is your partner your appointed person who deals with your benefit claims?

    Here is more information about a tribunal.

    If you do decide to go forward with this I hope the community will be able to support you. Have you ever gained face to face advice? 

  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm afraid your partner will not be able to go to the Tribunal in place of you, you will need to attend the hearing yourself.

    You can request a telephone hearing.

    Or you can request a paper based decision. Do be aware that paper based decision success is between 5-8% and appearing in person jumps massively to 74%. Is your partner able to go with you?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,968

    Scope community team

    Welcome to the community @hindun8889.

    I'm really sorry to read your claim has been turned down again. Your best chance is to go to tribunal but I do understand how difficult that can be. A telephone hearing may be a good option for you?
    Senior Community Partner
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @hindun8889

    As @Chloe_Scope as kindly pointed out. You could seek your partner becoming your Appointee in relationship with benefits from the DWP.

    Appointee’s are recognised by the Tribunal and you would not have to attend.

    If you feel your partner can assist you, then this is worthy of your consideration.

    You could also request that the Tribunal takes place in your home.

    Keep us informed.
Sign in or join us to comment.