a new website is launched — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

a new website is launched

Sandfire
Sandfire Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi my name is Stephen am 62 years old and my partner has a degenerative back condition requiring a walking aid i have many interests reading, writing, and good food and restaurants.
my reason for joining the forum is to see what other frustrations carers encounter on a day to day basis. Recently returning from a holiday where the service and accommodation were excellent in respect of my partners difficulties the polar opposite to some horrendous experiences, and failed promises or pure misrepresentation advertising. 
taking the bull by the horns i have launched a project a website for disabled people where they and there carers can share their experiences good and bad and maybe offer some experiential advice to businesses on how they can improve the services on behalf of the disabled community. the website is www.idiacta.com opinions welcomed

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community. The website sounds like a good idea. Are you looking for testers or not? 
  • Sandfire
    Sandfire Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Chatterbox thanks for your question.
    We all know of the websites where you can share photographs of your breakfast pancakes or tell how good the beer was and lots of other stuff. what i am to do is focus on the disabled environment. The disabled community has  a tremendous amount of spending power. Yet are expected to accept sub standard service and blatant misrepresentation advertising. IDIACTA is only interested if you can get a wheelchair in the lavatory, are their grab rails are menus in braille or large print, can any of the staff sign or use macaton. i could go on its a long list.  i a looking for contributors who are willing to share their experiences positive and negative and build a directory of reference for disabled travellers, if you can help spread the word it would be very much appreciated 

Regards Steve  
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I help run a group called Limited Mobility & Wheelchair Accessible \Holiday Accommodation. It`s via facebook. We have a fair sized membership and it`s for anyone with a slight walking issue to full time wheelchair users, like myself., and their families/carers.x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I help run a group called Limited Mobility & Wheelchair Accessible \Holiday Accommodation. It`s via facebook. We have a fair sized membership and it`s for anyone with a slight walking issue to full time wheelchair users, like myself., and their families/carers.x
    Can I join? What is it called?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Sandfire and thanks for sharing!
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Can I join? What is it called?
    The group is called as in my reply. xx
  • Maggie_Pie
    Maggie_Pie Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    What about people who don't use Facebook / other social media?

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.