I haven’t got paid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I haven’t got paid

james55
james55 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I post of got paid the night but it never came throw please help me  

Comments

• james55
    can anyone tell why I haven’t got paid I haven’t got no post to say they stop my money 
  • siobhan1
    siobhan1 Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    Do you mean you ESA payment hasn't gone in tonight? Mine hasn't either and I'm panicking!
  • james55
    Yes Esa it hasn’t came in the night either 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @james55 is your payday today Tuesday? Give it till morning if you haven't received it.

You will need to phone the ESA number.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• james55
    Thanks I am homeless as well and I have no fuel to keep warm I sleep in my car 
  • siobhan1
    Sorry to hear that - the only people who can tell you are ESA unfortunately. Their number is 0800 169 0310 and the phone lines open at 8am. I have had problems with erratic payments on a previous claim and came online to look for support as it causes a lot of stress when it doesn't go in doesn't it? I hope you get it sorted

• james55
    Cheers and some to you 
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @james55
    @siobhan1
    Hi both maybe check that there is no problem with your bank as this has happened to me before for it to turn up a few hours later. Hopefully it will get sorted quickly.

• james55
    I don’t it’s the bank saz11
    edited August 2019
    james55 said:
    can anyone tell why I haven’t got paid I haven’t got no post to say they stop my money 

You've stated you live in your car and you have had no post? I take it you have an address to receive mail, or doe's Jobcentre hold your mail.

as I've already said if it's your payday to day. It can go in anytime through the night..
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• james55
    Yes I sleep in my car but my post goes to a friends address and there’s no post for me 
    james55 said:
    Yes I sleep in my car but my post goes to a friends address and there’s no post for me 

Okay that solves that one.. If it hasn't been paid by the morning then when office opens then phone them up and ask where it is..

was your payday Tuesday?
    ⬇️

• james55
    Thanks will do 
  • saz11
    @james55

As per my first post when i had the same issue i Googled to see if there was a problem with my bank and it so happens there was. You never know this maybe the case.
  • james55
    No my bank is up in running no issue with my bank 
  • saz11
    I hope you will get it sorted with DWP in the morning.
  • james55
  • siobhan1
    I'm with Barclays and there is a button to check if there are any problems - none recorded.

My payday is Tuesday. My account refreshed at 00.15 as all my direct debits came out and I have 28p :( I'm going to call at 8am.

This has happened to me before. On my previous claim I had to call every fortnight to get a faster payment so it always causes me anxiety when it isn't in. I changed my bank details for payments just after my last payment so I suspect that has something to do with it. Unfortunately my experience when I have changed my details has been a very negative one, in so much as it caused a glitch which showed payments as issued on DWP legacy screens but the payments did not actually transact hence the faster payment debacle.

I don't think I can mentally cope with that again. At one point an advisor insisted that it was my bank's problem and to go to the branch, even though I told them I was calling from a hospital bed about to have cancer removed. I asked for a call back and immediately after hanging up I got a text which said "We have resolved your ESA enquiry. You do not need to contact us". The money was in and I suspect she realised what was wrong during the call, or was a trainee with someone listening in, but didn't have the decency to say before hanging up. We shall see what happens in the morning. I can't sleep for worrying anyway!
  • james55
    I am with the same bank as you
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Mine hasn’t be in by 9am 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.