Renew Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Renew Pip

debbiedo49
debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
oh my goodness I got the dreaded brown envelope and my pip runs out in November. Help! Please! ?

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m just waiting on my letter too, was an appeal so waiting on letter to apply again. Anxiety through the roof x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello!
    Call DWP tomorrow. Do you have a social worker or not? My son’s brilliant social worker helped me to fill out the forms and answered my questions as well. She kept me calm as I awaited a reply regarding their decision. Best wishes! You can find more information here on PIP renewals at https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Claiming-Personal-Independence-Payment/Review-or-renew-PIP-claim#guide-content

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no need to ring DWP tomorrow because you already have the form.

I'd advise you to fill the form out with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. If you're filling it out yourself then just do a little each day and then it won't be as bad. This is what i did with my daughters last form.

Don't forget to send evidence with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this. If you don't have enough time to return the form, you can ring DWP to request a further 14 days.

I'm assuming because you've only just received the form that you were awarded by a Tribunal? If so then, if a decision hasn't been made by the end date, your money will stop. Once a decision's been made, if you're successfully awarded your money will be backdated to the date it stopped.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

If you need help with the form this link will tell you what's available in your local area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    I just go a letter saying my pip award will end in November no form. I won the award at appeal. So I’m rather anxious. The cab helped me with it the first time around. Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    I just go a letter saying my pip award will end in November no form. I won the award at appeal. So I’m rather anxious. The cab helped me with it the first time around. Thanks 
    You will need to ring DWP to re-apply, once this is done you'll be sent the PIP2 forms, which will need to be filled and returned with all your evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debbiedo49
  • debbiedo49
    I’m waiting on my forms and an appointment with welfare rights. I missed the postie on Friday so that’s probably the forms. 
  • debbiedo49
    Well I had my first appointment with wro today and I think it went OK. Forms filled to be posted out. Yay!
  • susan48
    I got my form to complete, anxiety not good. Started filling out form but got to page 10 and had to stop. Think I need to find a wro 
  • susan48
    Tried finding wro in Fife but just comes up with cab
  • poppy123456
    susan48 said:
    Try this link. https://advicelocal.uk/

Do be aware of the timescales for returning the form. You can request an extra 14 days if needed. Advice centres are overrun with appointments and this makes waiting times rather long.

The best person to fill out the forms really is yourself because you are the only one that knows how your conditions affect you. There's no specific wording to use, just tell it how it is. Adding a couple of examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Good luck.

• elle_t
    elle_t Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi @susan48 I live in Scotland and was offered help through an income maximiser worker at local Social Work Department to help complete the forms because I found it difficult to write them out if that helps
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad it all went well @debbiedo49!

If you need any further information @susan48 then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• debbiedo49
    susan48 said:
    I got my form to complete, anxiety not good. Started filling out form but got to page 10 and had to stop. Think I need to find a wro 
    Susan I couldn't open the envelope until just before my appointment so I understand x
  • debbiedo49
    susan48 said:
    My wro works from local council they are called M A R T. As we are both in Scotland you may be same. Last time they went with me but this time that's stopped.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Good luck to all who are going through it. 

I have my f2f for PIP Renewal in 2 weeks. Aaaargh. .......

They're certainly cutting it fine with me, it runs out in one month!!! 
    Aaaargh again!!! 

Have to say though, they have been quite fair in offering me an alternative assessment centre with drop off point right outside the door. 
    Possibly because my MP asked them how non wheelchair claimants are supposed to gain access to previous building when the nearest drop off point was 70 metres walk away??!!  

Dirty tricks abound, me thinks? 
  • debbiedo49
  • debbiedo49
    Got my assessment on Friday aarrgghh!
    grimace ? 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    We'll be thinking of you @debbiedo49! Please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49

Hello again  :)

Got through mine and received decision two weeks ago. PIP continuing at the same rate. Yaay...

So, fingers crossed for you too that you will have the same result.

Good luck! x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.