Did you know that..........? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did you know that..........?

Comments

• Pete2
    Pete2 Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Did you know paul simons song mother and child reunion was written after he had birds nest soup.........

The song Cecilia was an impulse on the spot song by him and his mates just fooling around.

When art garfunkle sang bridge over troubled water paul simion took a hissy fit and walked off stage....how dare he sing thst better than me.....and hence the rift.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Pete2 Thanks for sharing.

I believe they were called Tom and Jerry. Before changing to Simon and Garfunkel.

I did not know the story behind the split..  That is a new one to file away.

Thanks very much.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pete2
    Did you know that ......your right lung is bigger than your left lung...due to the hearts position within the human chest.

• Pete2
    Did you know that ......the earth orbits the sun but will never COMPLETE an orbit that takes the earth back to its starting point .....eh i hear you say.......well yes the earth orbits the sun...but the sun also orbits our galaxys center point....so our sun moves position...taking the planets with them.....so when the earth gets back to say 00.00 in its orbit the sun has moved in its orbit ....imagine a cork screw thread but on top of that our galaxy is moving towards its big brother Andromeda...........
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you know there are 168 hours in a week? 
  • Pete2
    edited August 2019
    Did you know that......we have one day named after the Moon.......Monday......we have one day named after the norse god Woden.......wednesday.......one day named after the norse god Thor......Thursday........a day named after a norse godess Fria.......Friday......one day named after the planet Saturn......Saturday......and one day named after our Sun......Sunday.........couldnt tell you how Tuesday got its name though.
  • Pete2
    Did you know that Scotlands capital city is built upon a dormant volcano
  • RainbowJo
    RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    did u know that if canterbury cathedral had been built just 1cm in any other possition it would have colapsed and subsided decades ago. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you know spaghetto, confetto, and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti, and graffiti?  :D
    No I didnt know that. Interesting.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Did you know spaghetto, confetto, and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti, and graffiti?  :D
    Is that Italian then, Chloe? 

Did you know my username means "plump" (which I am) in Italian?  :D

ps. Learning Italian at the moment and getting a bit too obsessed I think!  :#
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That is interesting!  I'll remember that next time I buy a multipack of Cornetti! :D
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not too sure @paffuto10:D

Definitely @OverlyAnxious!  
    Scope

• thespiceman
    Did you know some Italian facts .

Before 1861 Italy was a collection of principalities and states some had own heads of Royalty.

Each area, region of Italy has specific produce. That makes the area famous.

Puglia known as leaf eaters, as they grow vegetables.  Also lots of the Bread and Pasta.

Tuscany Bean eaters as they have a lot of beans, pulses in the region.

Abruzzi the chilli region grows the chilli variety pepperoncino

Bologna La Grassa the fat because of fantastic produce and rich food. Lots of Pasta shops in Bologna or La Rosso the red due to it red bricks buildings..

As is the region Emilia -Romagna famous for Parmesan Cheese and Ham from Parma.

Piedmont the truffles especially white ones.

Lombardy home of the Cheeses Mascarpone, Gorgonzola.

Pizza first recipe noted down was 1858.

Margherita Pizza comes from the time when King Umberto and his wife Margaret visited Naples in 1889.

To commemorate  the visit she was honoured with a Pizza the Italian colour's of the flag. Basil, for green Tomato for red and Mozzarella cheese. for white.  Called Margherita in her honour.

The fork we use to day was created to eat Pasta.  

Pasta names 

Linguine little tongues.

Fusilli spring, spiral, coils. 

Spaghetti from Spago  string.

Tagliatelle the verb to cut Tagliara

Farfalle  butterflies 

Conchiglie means shells as in conch a type of shell.

Penne shaped as a quill of a pen.

Orecchiette little ears.

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Pete2
    Did you know that Iceland is the hub of two major tectonic plates that are seporating...... causing Europe and America to move apart. 
  • Pete2
    Did you know that......millions of years ago a day was only 18 hours long,    the moon exerts a gravitational pull on our oceans.....hence our tides, and that tidal pull is slowing us down.......so every few years they add a few micro seconds to our day to keep up with the moons tug on us.
  • Pete2
    Did you know that......Australia due to continental drift is moving so fast that new co ordinates for her ports and airports are updated on a regular basis.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @thespiceman

Morning  :)

Brilliant info on Italy !! 

Thanks for that 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @paffuto10   Thank you very much, best wishes on your Italian lessons.

Always here for any Italian recipes you may wish to try.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Pete2
    Did you know that .......salt is made from two  poisons........if injested or breathed in while in their natural forms.  The chemical formula for salt is NACL which is Sodium Chloride....Chlorine being a gas and Sodium a very reactive element.

Brightness