Questions about PIP mandatory reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about PIP mandatory reconsideration

Options
2»

Comments

• kano7481
    kano7481 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    Hi again,

I just want to share with you the good news for my sister PIP claim.

So after submitting the PIP appeal online she has received a letter from the PIP office manager saying that he/she can change the decision and award her standard rate daily living , then a week after she received the full award letter with enhaced rate for both daily and mobility for 2 years, the change is that she was scored 8 point for cannot cook , so in total the new scoring is 14 for daily living and 16 for mobility, and will have a backdate payment from July 2019.

I want to ask please that when she has not been awarded the daily living at the beginning she has lost the ESA disability premium, so will she have it back automatically again after the new award ? and will she have a backdated payment from July 2019 aswell ?

Thank you for all the advices, guidances and help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. If you're talking about the severe disability premium in with her ESA then if she still lives alone, or classed as living alone then yes she will still qualify for this. She will need to contact ESA and re-apply over the phone and it will be backdated to when her PIP stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is great news @kano7481, thank you for letting us know!
    Scope

• kano7481
    Options
    That's great news. If you're talking about the severe disability premium in with her ESA then if she still lives alone, or classed as living alone then yes she will still qualify for this. She will need to contact ESA and re-apply over the phone and it will be backdated to when her PIP stopped.
    Thank you so much really appreciate all your help
  • kano7481
    Options
    This is great news @kano7481, thank you for letting us know!
    Thank you

I just want to add that the office manager mentioned that they have used the ESA medical report aswell for the decision

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.