Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
Hi, 
     I am WestHam06. I am new to the Online Community. I have decided to join because I believe it is important to support each other and share experiences. I would also like to develop my knowledge around disability and the barriers that disabled people and their families face and how we can work together to overcome some of these barriers. I have Cerebral  Palsy so have some experience and appreciation around some of these barriers. I look forward to engaging with the Online Community.  
Many thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WestHam06 and welcome to the community! How are you doing today? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ami2301
    How are you? I am good thank you. I can see that you are a Disability Gamechanger, how long have you been one and what does the role involve?
    Thank you. 
  • Ami2301
    I'm good thank you @WestHam06 :) Here on the community, 'Disability Gamechanger' is a rank level.
    "Badges and ranks are intended as a fun way of showing how much members contribute to the community."
    Scope also has a number of Disability Gamechangers who strive to create a more equal society, by advocating, raising awareness, campaigning and other ways to make a difference. You can read more about becoming a Disability Gamechanger here! :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome to the community @WestHam06. Glad to have you here. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WestHam06 and welcome to the Community.  It is lovely to meet you and to have you on board.  You sound so enthusiastic and positive and I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution to the Community.  I hope you enjoy your time with us anyway.  You will meet many lovely people on here who just want to share and have lots of great chat.  I'm sure you will make some new friends too.  I look forward to seeing further posts from you.  If there is anything we can help you with meantime then please don't hesitate to ask.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ami2301
                             I hope that you have had a good week. Thank you for sharing the information with me about Disability Gamechangers, it sounds a really great way for people to connect and share experiences to continue to work towards a more equal society. I am going to have a look at the link you gave me, thank you for taking the time to do this. How long had you been on the online community before becoming a Disability Gamechanger. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Adrian_Scope,
                                    How are you? Thank you for welcoming me to the Online Community, how long have you been part of the community? Thank you. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @WestHam06   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for supporting the forum and our community. Much appreciated. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our community . Feel free to join in discussions.  We are friendly.

Please ask if we can help and advise with any thing. Some one will know.

From our community or a member from our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ails ,
                    Thank you so much for welcoming me to the online community and for being so encouraging. I do hope to be able share and support others. I look forward to getting to know you and meeting new people. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @thespiceman
                                   Thank you so much for welcoming me to the community. I am really looking forward to getting to know new people and I hope that I am able to share experiences and support others. I am currently on a one month trial as a community champion so any advice as to how I can improve in this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @WestHam06   Thank you for reply. Well done to you hope everything is going smoothly.

I know every one who is a community member and the team.  Will be grateful for all your contributions and support.

Please can I say. I think what is important what you can bring to the community and forum.

Have the qualities of kind, understanding, supportive. Be sensitive and a open honest approach.

Be polite at all times.  

Please if you can not or do not know the answers to anything. Please do not worry it is how you have care and concern over  the community member. Giving your time and answering in a sincere way.

Especially benefit enquiries.  You will have received a lot of information and advice from our SCOPE team.

This will come with time and may I add also use anything you have your own knowledge.  You have from life experiences.

Whatever that may be.  If you have certain health conditions, illness.  You mentioned Cerebral Palsy.

Always useful to contribute as we have many members who have the condition.  Anything to add to any post.

Including websites, relevant information or guidance.

As long it is with in the rules of the forum. Something I would look at.

For a reference. 

My expertise and knowledge is Mental Health as I have anxiety and depression a lot of  time.  Plus addiction history which is something I use.  As been clean now twelve years ongoing.

As well have a lifetime physical disability.  Life knowledge and lots of other stuff.

Also have my food and nutritional knowledge education.  Hence my username.  Qualifications as well.

I have been doing this role for over two years now and love it.

Please ask me anything or any one who is a member of SCOPE team.

Please I hope you enjoy your role and pleasure to meet you.

Wish you well.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • WestHam06
    Hi @thespiceman
                                 Thank you for sharing this information, I really appreciate it and will be sure to explore this more. Well done on all of your achievements and for using your knowledge and life experience in a positive way, you must be very proud of yourself. Look forward to working with you. Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @WestHam06. I'm doing okay, thank you. I joined Scope and the Online Community back at the start of March. Please let us know if there's anything in particular we can help you with. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @WestHam06.  Glad to have you on board and I look forward to seeing you on the Community.   :D
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ami2301
    Hi @WestHam06 I have had a good week thank you, how has your week been? I think it was roughly about 9 months :)
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Adrian_Scope
                                   Thank you for answering my question and offering your support I really do appreciate it. I look forward to working with you on the community. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ails
                  Thank you!
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ami2301
                         Pleased to hear that you have had a good week, I have had a good week thank you. Thank you for answering my questions, I look forward to getting to know you on the community. Thank you. 

Brightness