Several conditions I’m new to here! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Several conditions I’m new to here!

shazz1968
shazz1968 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi all,
I’m Sharon,51 year’s old 
I have PTSD and night terrors,long term back pain, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, sciatica,fibromyalgia, prolapsed rectum and depression. I have only just been diagnosed with DDD and spinal Stenosis in August and I’m still struggling with the diagnosis to be honest... I do work at the moment but am on light duties and have asked for redeployment (I work for a large corporation) and have applied for a job that I have an interview for on Monday (that I can cope with ) 
 sorry for  long post I’m on a cocktail of prescription medication.. but I’m so scared for my future... ?I used to be a happy positive vibrant person and I need to find her again !! Is it possible ?
hello Shaz 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shazz1968   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear what you are going through.

You have come to the right place for information, advice and support.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who new the community.

Please have a look around our forum. Please feel free to join in discussions.

We are friendly.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Shazz1968
                              Welcome to the Online Community. Thank you for joining us and for sharing, I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. Have a look around the forum, we are all here to support each other. Thank you. 
  • shazz1968
    shazz1968 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Thank you westham06 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shazz1968 & welcome to this community. I'm sorry for the problems you're facing, & understand that it can take time to take onboard even more diagnoses.

Just remember, you are still 'you' inside, & altho' you might have to adapt, 'you' are not defined by your diagnoses! It seems like you've taken a good step in the right direction looking for a job that you can cope with.....just let 'you' shine through at your interview & show that you're the right person for the job.

As mentioned above, you've come to the right place for information, advice & support. Also look around the forum.....there are many with some of the problems you face, 'tho we might all have a different cocktail of them. You will hopefully meet others who can relate. I certainly have long term lower back pain.

Please do ask any questions, & let us know how your interview goes.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello and welcome to the community @shazz1968. It sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Are you getting much support at the moment? A fresh diagnosis can be very difficult to come to terms with.

As for your job: if it helps, we also have a range of free employment services here at Scope which you might be able to make use of, including our online Support to Work service.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @shazz1968 I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions. That must be an awful lot for you to deal with. A warm welcome to the community and let us know if you need any help navigating the community.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Shaz...sorry to ear of all your health issues.
    It`s hard to keep going, but with the right support etc you CAN do this!
    pollxx
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazz1968 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and can appreciate how difficult and frustrating this must be for you, especially when it affects your job also.  Good luck for your interview.  It sounds as though you are doing the right thing in going for a job which you can cope with.  You will find many supportive people on here already to advise and listen to you.  I am sure that in time you will feel better about things and a lot of people on here will certainly relate to what you are going through.  Please let us know how you are getting on, especially with your job and I hope you enjoy being on the Community.  If there is anything we can support/help you with meantime then please just let us know.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness