Hello from Uckfield — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello from Uckfield

paganborn
paganborn Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I just won my pip tribunal for anxiety and depression. This was my 3rd attempt but first tribunal. I followed it through this time. It took 48 weeks to be seen. I'm on standard rate for care and mobility ....yes I got mobility part because I can walk but I get disoriented in strange places due to anxiety. My payment will be backdated to aug 2018. There is hope out there for mental health to be taken seriously and as a recognised disability. I hope my message gives hope to anyone in same position. To add I felt like walking in there saying "yes I can peel a carrot , chop it and cook it! ?

Comments

• ROLLERBALL
    ROLLERBALL Scope Member Posts: 13 Connected
    glad to hear you won the pip.i to get disoriented in strange places.there is hope out there.jb.
  • paganborn
    It's awful but i tell myself it's not going to kill me so I try to stay positive which is not easy with depression. Good days and bad days it's life hey ?
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    It seems like I am on the same rate as you and I have another Appeal. I have Epilepsy, Anxiety and Depression and it’s the hidden illness’, such as Mental Health, which seem to be being addressed now, long time overdue. Well done.
  • paganborn
    I'm just glad it has paid off. I can now stop stressing about it. I nearly walked out twice I got very stressed. Hope you get higher rate. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @paganborn. Thanks for sharing your positive outcome with us ⁠— it's always good to hear them!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @paganborn   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Well done to you congratulations. Also a positive message.  Much appreciated.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I have mental health issues . Happy to be supportive and is there anything you wish to have any help or support with .

Please ask. I know seeking help with your mental health is important. I use mental health charities.

Used this one last time if this helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get floating support or an outreach worker. Advice and guidance with your mental health well being.

Something to consider. Also any support with anything else including benefits.

Might not be in all areas.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please if there is anything else you wished to know please ask.  Some one from our team or community will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @paganborn I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. Welcome to the community. It's great to have you here.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news that you won your PIP. Good for you for hanging in there.xxx
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paganborn and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for posting such a positive result on the forum.  Congratulations too!  It just shows you that there can be success stories about PIP sometimes and it will give our members encouragement.  I'm glad you didn't give up and it has paid off.  I hope you enjoy your time on the Community and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.   :D
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • paganborn

Brightness