Newbie — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
Philippa1961
Philippa1961 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
I live in County Durham although I'm from Essex but prefer the slower pace of life up north.  It was after we moved up north (2009) that I found out I suffer with osteoarthritis in my right hip.  Now I have osteoarthritis in both hips, knees, ankles, hands and right wrist which I refuse to stop me living as normal a life as possible. 
Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Philippa1961 and welcome to the community! You're not alone as many of our community members live with Osteoarthritis and I'm sure they will be happy to offer support and a friendly chat. Let us know if you have any questions :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Philippa1961 a warm welcome to the Scope Online Community.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Philippa1961   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look around our forum and website. Please feel free to join in discussions.  We are friendly.  Care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything.  Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Philippa1961 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You have come to the right place for support and friendship and you will meet many lovely people on here.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Philippa1961
                                Welcome to the online community, thanking you for sharing with us. I look forward to seeing you around the community. Thank you. 

Brightness