Hi, I'm new here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm new here

Rainbowdrop
Rainbowdrop Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new here. I have SPMS, diagnosed around 18 years ago but they can track my symptoms back to childhood... all the things the docs back then put down to "growing pains", "clumsiness", "puberty" and were adamant I'd "grow out of".
I'm an upbeat kinda gal and can generally find the Positive in most things. I have a whacky sense of humour - which has been a Huge help in coping with my MS over the years  ;) Ohh and I also have severe Menieres, thanks to my ever hungry immune system deciding to munch away at the insulation round my Vestibular nerve! - gee, thanks... now I not only Look as if I'm drunk... I Feel like it too!! Lol! 
I wrote and published my very first book in May of this year, called MS-isms, which is a collection of poems and prose about the silly situations my MS has got me into, examples of the MS Butterfly Brain and random other thoughts and insights into the Hidden effects of having a naughty little elf following you around all day ???

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rainbowdrop and welcome to the Community.   It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Congratulations on getting your book published!  It sounds really interesting!  Have you written anything else?  My husband writes books too and has had a couple of children's books published.  I hope you will enjoy your time on the Community as it is a great place for support and friendship.  If there is anything you need help/support with then please just let us know.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Rainbowdrop
                                 Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us. Congratulations on having your book published, that is an amazing achievement and sounds really interesting. Please have a look around the forum, there are lots of conversations going on which please feel free to join in with. There are also many lovely people on the forum, so if you ever have any questions or just want to talk, there will always someone who will be able to help. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Thank you. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rainbowdrop and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rainbowdrop

Welcome to Scope. Congratulations! May I read your book? Do you have any questions to ask or not? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rainbowdrop Thank you for joining Scope's community & sharing about yourself.

Hmmm.... I also had 'growing pains,' & eventually got my diagnosis confirmed aged 47! This turned out to be a genetic disorder, but I also have neurological problems a bit like MS. When I moved 4 years ago, I warned my neighbours that I might look a bit drunk going outside to put my washing out! 

You seem to have a wonderful sense of humour, & I too would be interested to see where I might read/buy your book.
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Rainbowdrop, welcome to the Scope community and I hope you find it beneficial!

It's so amazing that you have written and published a book. It sounds like a really great read. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello and a warm welcome to the community @Rainbowdrop. Glad to have you with us! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness