Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Various health problems
I am a 36 year old female,I have unilateral cerebral palsy, a heart murmur,endometriosis, anemia (so tired and breathless now) arthritis in my hands,feet,ankles and shoulder, depression ,anxiety ,emotionally unstable personality disorder and PTSD. Up until a year ago I also had arteriovenous malformation , which caused high risk of stroke and high risk of anurysm ,luckily radiation got rid of the tangle of vessels in my brain. I struggle everyday mentally and physically. I have been in and out of mental health hospitals for the last 20 years and in and out of general hospitals all of my life (age 36) I haven't enjoyed life for so long, everyday is so painful both mentally and physically , has anyone any suggestions on how to make life more comfortable ? Easier to manage ? I have just had a wetroom installed so that makes showering easier being able to sit down. My joint pain from arthritis is bad now the weather has got colder. I try to tell myself I should order my groceries to help me manage better so I haven't go to struggle to carry things ,but anxiety over delivery always prevents me ordering , I never used to get anxiety that bad before . I only have one friend really, and she has social phobia ,but I try to visit her. If I can get out I manage a few things, but then it leaves me exhausted and in pain for hours/days. I just want to know how I can lead a normal life. I spend 95 percent of my time alone
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.