I am worried about my pip assessment and suicide question - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am worried about my pip assessment and suicide question

1235»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Question answered here on your other thread.

Hi,

No, PIP assessments are not recorded by the health assessment providers. If a claimant wants to record the assessment they need to make arrangements for the correct recording equipment and contact the health assessment providers to tell them they will be recording it.

When requesting the MR regardless of all the lies in the report you should avoid mentioning them because they won't be interested in any of them. They will only be interested in where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples will also help.

Lots of people complain to the health assessment providers about assessment reports but there's rarely anything done about it. You may get acknowledgment of the complaint but don't expect anything more than that.

No the assessment report isn't a legal official document and reporting it to the police won't get you anywhere because it's simply your word against theirs.

You're better off concentrating on the MR and Tribunal if that fails and most do.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • happyman
    happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    please explain the last sentence, if that fails and most do.

this is just one of the places where i read about the recordings of assessments

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @happyman

Hello there, nice to meet you. 

I am so sorry that you are being made to suffer in this way. Many people are being treated the same way, so know that you're not at all alone. 

I think what people are saying on this thread is that you need to concentrate on getting your needs and difficulties across, rather than continue to fret about the lies or discrepancies. 

Easier said than done, I know. It's absolutely awful when false things are written about you. 

If your assessment had been recorded they would have had to ask your permission so it wasn't recorded. 

I think the way the recording issue works, is that you request it in writing, they may give permission but you need to have 2 recordings done at the same time. One for them and one for yourself. 

If I am wrong about that someone will probably come in here to explain. 

If you make a complaint about the lies it will be your word against theirs. 
    Sorry I don't personally know of anyone who has tried or succeeded with a complaint. 

I have read the full post and I really would like to see you press further with a mandatory reconsideration. 

If you spend time and energy on complaints you will have little left of yourself for the MR. 

Do you have someone who can help you with the MR? 

If you can succeed, then you have beaten the assessor in a better way than making complaints. 
    That's the way I look at it. 

I hope my advice is helpful, I really do. 
    I fully understand and empathise. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    happyman said:

If that fails and most do.... meaning if the MR fails and most do then it's Tribunal.

It was announced in 2018 that they were talking about recording PIP assessment but that's as far as it got i'm afraid. Nothing came of it and no they do not record PIP assessments through voice or video.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    edited October 2019
    happyman said:

If that fails and most do.... meaning if the MR fails and most do then it's Tribunal.

It was announced in 2018 that they were talking about recording PIP assessment but that's as far as it got i'm afraid. Nothing came of it and no they do not record PIP assessments through voice or video.
    I read something the other day about this. It may have been in a FOI request someone had done, but not sure.
    It said something on the lines of that they'd tried audio recording assessments previously, but the majority of claimants had refused to be recorded/or hadn't wanted it, and the video recording trial was now concluded and they were analysing the results.

Edited to add the (now found) link

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.