Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Ell
Ell Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
Hello, I’m new here. I’m carer for my OH who has multiple illnesses/disabilities.  We live in a Kent with our two Westies and I also care for his mum as and when I am needed. 
Am exhausted most of the time but it is what it is, lol. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ell and welcome to  the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  It sounds as though you are kept very busy with your family.  Do you receive any support in your carer role?  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as there are a lot of lovely people on here.  So anytime you feel like a chat then there will always be someone willing to listen.  Please feel free to look around the forum and join in any discussions that you fancy.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ell I love a westie! My friend has one who passed away recently but he was such a character!

Its a friendly community here, please do jump in and get chatting. You can find the latest chat here if you have any questions, just let us know :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ell
    Options
    Ails said:
    Hi @Ell and welcome to  the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  It sounds as though you are kept very busy with your family.  Do you receive any support in your carer role?  You have come to the right place for support and friendship as there are a lot of lovely people on here.  So anytime you feel like a chat then there will always be someone willing to listen.  Please feel free to look around the forum and join in any discussions that you fancy.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Hi Ails, thanks for the warm welcome. I do have a small amount of support from a Kent carers group but I haven’t heard from them for a while. It’s difficult for me to get to the local get togethers. I have a sister in law who helps when she can. She is currently staying with mum in law to give me a short break. For which I am very thankful. Mum in law had a fall last week and although she stayed with us for a couple of days, she soon went home (she lives just around the corner to us) but has overdone it and will be coming back to us on Friday until she is much better. It’s easier for me to have her here in our home than at hers.?
  • Ell
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:
    Welcome to the community @ell I love a westie! My friend has one who passed away recently but he was such a character!

Its a friendly community here, please do jump in and get chatting. You can find the latest chat here if you have any questions, just let us know :)
    Thank you for the welcome. I love my Westies, I have a boy and girl, but they’re not related. 
    I’m looking forward to getting to know the community. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ell and how are you today?  Glad to hear that you get some support in your carer's role.  My husband is my carer so I know what fantastic work carers do.  I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's fall.  I hope she makes a full recovery soon.  Your Westies sound lovely!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ell
    Options
    Hi Ails, I’m good today thanks. Because I didn’t have to look after mum in law, I’ve been catching up with bits of housework like descaling the kettle and wiping down woodwork. Such excitement! ;)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Ell. I hope you're settling in and getting acquainted with everyone.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ell
    Options
    Thank you Adrian. 

Brightness