Group activities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Group activities

Nosher
Nosher Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am almost 90 yrs old suffering from severe heart failure and arthritis to thumbs and wrist. I had to surrender licence and use taxis .Since being widowed i am so insular. I need guidance to join groups. I am very agile in spite of disabilities.

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to Scope forum!  I am guessing you are looking to join groups in your community, rather than online groups. I am sure somebody on here will be able to guide you. Meanwhile hope you enjoy your time in this online group. Theres always lots going on. Try the Coffee Lounge link for general chat etc. I've only been a part of this group for a little while and find the people friendly and informative. Catch up later.
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Nosher,
    Just a thought but you might like to post your original post in Welcomes and Introductions, then they will all jump on it very much quicker.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Nosher. What sort of groups are you interested in joining?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nosher and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I enjoyed reading your introduction.  You will find the forum to be a really friendly and supportive space so I hope you enjoy your time with us.  With regards to joining some groups in your area, have you tried asking in your local library if they have a list of local groups?  Sometimes they can have notices of such as well.  If we can be of any further help to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness