Hello everyone? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone?

funkyunicorn76
funkyunicorn76 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi everyone just joined and bit nervous and shy about posting , im 43 years old and have Fibromyalgia, IBS, personality disorder , anxiety and depression and my new one is my disc degenerating am waiting for an appointment but a bit scared as i have developed incontinence which is embarassing and makes me feel so stupid ?just joining here makes me feel less alone and hopefully will get some advice and lots of virtual hugs! X

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @funkyunicorn76 and welcome to the community! I, and many of our community members, understand how you are feeling regarding your upcoming appointment. I experienced incontinence, last year, and I can relate to feeling embarrassed. Thankfully, with physio, I regained control.

Is your GP aware of your new symptom? They may be able to speed up the referral or give you some advice on what to do in the meantime :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @funkyunicorn76 welcome to the community. I know it can be daunting but maybe talk to your GP and perhaps they can give you some support. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @funkyunicorn76. How are you doing today? We've got plenty of knowledgeable folks here, so if you need advice, just let us know. In the meantime, feel free to get involved. We're a friendly bunch and we'd love to have you onboard.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @funkyunicorn76 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Yes, it can be a bit daunting posting on a forum for the first time, but as @Adrian_Scope says, we are a friendly bunch here and you will soon make lots of new friends.  I agree with the others that you should speak to your GP about things and I can appreciate how you feel about incontinence as I was like this myself when younger for a while.  Everyone is very supportive and understanding of each others needs on here so anytime you feel like a chat then there will be someone to listen.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any of the discussions that you fancy.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to seeing you on the Community.  If there is anything at all you need help with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness