Hi, my name is annie674! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is annie674!

annie674
annie674 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a young carer currently in yr11 any tips 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @annie674 and a warm welcome to the community. :) 
    Year 11 can be really intense with the last year of GCSEs, how are you managing? 

I have a lot of experience as a carer but I wasn't a young carer. Do you mind if I ask who it is you're a carer for? What sort of tips are you looking for?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    edited November 2019

Hello @annie674   :) 

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. Sorry it has taken some time to answer your query.

Thank you for reaching out to us, yes being a carer in itself can be very challenging let alone trying to juggle school as well. and at such a crucial time. 

Can I ask who you are caring for please and what their current condition is you are very young, and its very important that you get the correct help and advice needed 

I would recommend you take look at the 

https://carers.org/about-us/about-young-carers

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can, we will help and guide you please feel free to look around the forum or just chat to us company may be all you need.

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annie674 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You are doing a wonderful job in being a young carer and managing your education on top of that!  My husband is my carer and I can't begin to imagine how challenging it must be at times to be a young carer.  You have been given very good advice and information above by @Connie00 so I would look into that for further information and guidance.  Please keep in touch with us also as we are here too to support you and there are many lovely people on here, so any time you wish to chat please do so and let us know how you are getting on.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and wish you well!  If there is anything further we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness