Hi, my name is Raspberry! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Raspberry!

Raspberry
Raspberry Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi there, I am trying to get help for my nearly 24 year old son. He has mild autism but because he is different to other people he has no friends and is terribly  lonely. All he needs are like minded people to talk to.  He needs to know there are pey that are just like him out there that won't laugh or be nasty to him. Please help. Thx

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @Raspberry  

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sure that some of our Members will reach out to you, have you tried Your local Mencap or Mind they run lots of different clubs and activities for vulnerable adults, in what area do you live?

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Raspberry
    Thank you Connie for replying. We live near Chesterfield Derbyshire. I will have a look at mind and mencap. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Raspberry and welcome to the community. Can I ask if your son has any hobbies or interests that might help us make some suggestions?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Raspberry
    Hi Adrian, he loves model railways. He used to belong to a club that my husband goes to but everyone there is at least 40years of age. He needs someone with same interest.  I was hoping he would volunteer at Barrow Hill where he could get involved in real engines but doesn't like to get his hands dirty as strange as this may seem. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Raspberry and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your son's struggles and wondered if you had thought of contacting the National Autistic Society to see if they could offer some support?  Here is the link to their website if you would like to have a look.  I believe they have a helpline so maybe worth getting in touch with them:-

https://www.autism.org.uk/

Please keep in touch and let us know how you and your son are getting on and I hope you manage to find some clubs for him to go to as this would be great for him.  If we can be of any further help/support then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness