Hi, my name is hullcity44! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hullcity44!

hullcity44
hullcity44 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all. I had to leave my job due to my sight I'm registered partially sighted. I was told I'm not entitled to ESA due to lack of stamps but to reapply in jan. However  I had my assessment 2 weeks ago. I currently receive low rate disability I had my pip assessment 4 weeks ago. I'm really struggling with money as my husband works I xant claim universal. Just wondered if any one else in similar situation.  Thank you 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hullcity44 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members.

Sorry to hear this. Many of our members are experiencing financial problems.

Please may I suggest.  Have a look at the following links may be of use to you.

Money Advice Service
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
    0800 138 7777

Step change
    https://www.stepchange.org.
    0800 138 1111.

I would also speaking to CAB to see if they offer you a benefit review might be worth something to consider they have knowledge, expertise on benefit situations can be helpful.

Please if we can help further please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @hullcity44 a warm welcome to the Scope Online Community.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @hullcity44. I'm sure there's plenty of folks in similar situations around here, so please don't hesitate to jump in and start chatting. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hullcity44 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  As @Adrian_Scope says, there will be some members on the forum who are experiencing/have experienced a similar situation to you and will be able to offer support/guidance.  I hope you get things sorted out anyway and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness