Hi, my name is jontieb! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jontieb!

jontieb
jontieb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm a retired Engineer with some minor Disabilities looking after my Wife who has advanced Parkinson's, we volunteer with the local Parkinson's support group helping where we can, joining this forum will help us to understand the  difficulties that others in the wider Disability Community share. 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jontieb and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to have you on board and thank you for sharing with us.  That is great to hear that you and your wife volunteer with your local Parkinson's Support Group.  Do you enjoy it?  I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution to our Community and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  We are a friendly bunch and are here to support each other.  So please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum and reading more of your posts.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @jontieb           

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. I trust you are having a good day today.

what a lovey Introduction, I hope that we are able to help you and the other way round 

Here at scope we welcome people from all walks of life, please feel free to have a look around our online community, and join in, we welcome new blood and would welcome your opinion. It would be nice to know what led you into our online community.

if we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us,

Enjoy the rest of your day

@connie00   :) 

• jontieb
    jontieb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks to all who've contacted me, what a great welcome, I've started to explore and check out the "get started guide", I can see I'm in great company, it will take me a little time to get confident, thanks again.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jontieb - Welcome from me too. Sorry to read about your's & your wife's problems, but how lovely that you both volunteer with your local Parkinson's Support group, & then to read that you wish to understand problems other disabled people face too, I can only thank you for joining Scope's online community.
    Seems like you're looking around this forum OK, but if you have any questions about this please say.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's great to have you with us @jontieb! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jontieb and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness