Hi, my name is matey1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is matey1!

matey1
matey1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I'm feeling  really low

Comments

• matey1
    I'm feeling  really low.
    I'm not physically  disabled but I'm struggling  with my mental health.
    My sleep  pattern is messed up.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @matey1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear this. I am one of the team of community champions.

We guide, advise and help members.

Please may I suggest have a look at these links for mental health.

I have myself mental health and used these.  Very good and very informative. Please get help and advice with your mental health.

Do take clientele with additional disabilities, conditions, illness with mental health issues.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Last one is an advocate service. Helpful if experiencing problems with medical professionals, Doctors, Psychiatrist etc. 

Please note would be advisable to speak to your GP How you are and everything.

I am afraid some of these charities might not be in your area.

Please may I suggest have a look on line on the NHS website or speak to your GP.  Who may refer you to a local charity or an organisation in your area.

Please if I can help with any thing be supportive. Please ask. We are a friendly community. You are not alone.

Pleasure to meet you hope you enjoy your time with us.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @matey1    :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. I am so sorry it's taken so long to get back to you please forgive us, So sorry to hear you are feeling so low. would you like to share with us what has brought you to our community, or perhaps you just want to look around the forum for a bit.

Please feel free to join in with any of the conversations on here, we very much look forward to hearing from you 

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• matey1
    Thank you for replying. 
    I thought I could cope with a university course. 
    I started a Foundation year at the beginning of September. 
    This included a two hour journey on public transport. I I couldn't cope,  I've withdrawn and now I feel so depressed. To compound  my problems I've  started drinking  heavily. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matey1 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm very sorry to hear that you are struggling at the moment and can imagine that things must be very difficult for you.  I can appreciate that the university course and long travel put extra pressure on you and it is only natural to feel depressed with everything going on.  You have been given very good information and advice by the @spiceman and as he advises, it is best to speak to your GP.  Please take care of yourself and keep in touch to let us know how you are getting on.  We are all here to support you on the Community so please talk to us anytime as there will always be someone to listen.  You are a valued member of the Community and we are here to help.  All the best.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @matey1, I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling low.  We all feel like that at times and it isn't nice at all.  Is there anything we can help you with?  Please feel free to chat to us anytime as we are all here to support you and you are a valued member of our Community.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @matey1   Thank you for reply. Please may I suggest you need to get some help for that. Your alcoholism.

The problem with mental health once you become anxious or depression. You reach for a drink.

I have been there. Recovering reformed alcoholic. Now clean 12 years.

I am going to give you  some advice. Please contact the link below or contact the ones I gave you earlier. Richmond fellowship offer a recovery programme for alcoholics.

I myself admire your honesty that is the first step.  Please if I can add I went in to Rehab, you can find this in your local area.

You go in as an out patient no one knows, strict confidently and the staff are wonderful.  

Be in the phone book. Please can I also say speak to GP.

https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk.

Help line 0800 9177 650.

I am here anytime you need to talk.  Any time you want to.

You need reassurance, self esteem some confidence. If you contact any of the links they will advise you help you.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm really sorry you're feeling low @matey1. Is there any sort of course closer that might interest you?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness