Renew Pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Renew Pip

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it goes well @debbiedo49, we'll be here if you need anything!
    Scope

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I survived. Thanks x
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Iv heard nothing.
    got a letter with a. 2week extension to return my form. That was received on 01/10/19.
    my final payment for previous pip appeal is November 21st!!!

not sure what will happen 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    Iv heard nothing.
    got a letter with a. 2week extension to return my form. That was received on 01/10/19.
    my final payment for previous pip appeal is November 21st!!!

not sure what will happen 
    Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those. Some wait weeks, others wait months, there's no timescales. If your PIP does end because a decision hasn't been made in time, once a decision is finally made if it's in your favour then your money will be backdated to the date it stopped.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49

Well done for getting through it x
  • paffuto10
    @susan48

Mine went a few weeks over then was backdated, so try not too worry too much. Easier said than done, I know. 

Hopefully you will be hearing soon. x
  • debbiedo49
    Thanks everyone! I haven't heard yet and won't for weeks. I just feel like saying to them: you do realise that pip is my lifeline? 
  • M_Eandme
    M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hi @debbiedo49 currently going through the same process and like you feel so stressed, anxious and dreading decision its not fair at all for those that really need it! I had to finish work last july and i depend on my pip just had my last payment so may be without in December of all months while they deciding 
  • susan48
    I called them today as I got a letter from esa to say I’m losing the SDP as PIP will end in a few weeks. They just said it’s with a case manager and looking to make a decision without a face to face. Just means on the 22nd nov Iv pretty much lost most of my benefits payments.

god know how I will pay bills and my mortgage 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @susan48, I am so sorry to hear this and cannot imagine how you are feeling right now! Has your PIP award ended before a decision has been made?

When was the last time you rang DWP? They might be able to give you more information on the progress of your claim. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything at all we can do to help.
    Scope

• susan48
    @Chloe_Scope, thanks.
    my pip ends next Friday and still no decision.
    i rang them yesterday and still with case manager!! 
    Im more annoyed that they gave me a 2week extension for my completed for to be sent back, I didn’t ask for it.

just the anxiety of the waiting game now, our lives are in there hands 

• paffuto10
    @susan48

Mine went 10 days over and was then backpaid, also hubby's Carers Allowance was stopped but then backpaid.

It's very stressful I know, to suddenly become "non disabled".

I was too scared to even phone so you've done very well contacting them!! 

Sending you strength and hope you get the decision soon. x

• paffuto10
    Also sending strength and good luck in this extremely stressful waiting game, to

@M_Eandme and @debbiedo49

xx

• M_Eandme
    @paffuto10 thankyou, unless the people behind the desk go through it, they cannot understand the extra stress and anxiety it causes on top of what we already go through im keeping everything crossed as being unable to go back to work at present i depend on this help 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm sorry it's causing so much stress @susan48, they certainly like to keep people guessing! Did you request a copy of the report? This will give you an indication about what to receive.

All the best to you @M_Eandme, please do keep us updated. :)
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Report requested today so waiting game now to see what it says, my last one was full of lies so im hoping to have better experience this time ??... my 1st one was only bout half hour, this time was close to 2 hours and i was offered home visit so the wait begins.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed @M_Eandme!
    Scope

• debbiedo49
    susan48 said:
    I called them today as I got a letter from esa to say I’m losing the SDP as PIP will end in a few weeks. They just said it’s with a case manager and looking to make a decision without a face to face. Just means on the 22nd nov Iv pretty much lost most of my benefits payments.

god know how I will pay bills and my mortgage 
    Hi Susan, 
    That happened to me with ESA and I was going down a long road of appeals etc. Eventually I lost. Then I had to decide to go on jsa at the time to get an income. I never went back to try for ESA again as U C was coming out in my area and I was advised to stay on jsa or risk being bumped onto U C. It's complicated. but, I went on jsa and have been on that a few years. Same with me, getting or losing Pip makes the difference with paying bills etc. It's awful. I got d p with my jsa and if i don't get pip I lose it. So fingers crossed we both get some good luck x
  • debbiedo49
    Something else I learned from my recent f2f for pip after 30 mins or so I began to get very tired and felt I was just rambling. I should have asked for a break but I just wanted it over. 
  • paffuto10
    edited November 2019
    Same here @debbiedo49

except I also got a bit snappy. 

I was sweating, in pain from sitting and had to use the desk to pull myself up and lean on for half a minute to relieve the pressure down below (have bladder damage from radiation). 

Hubby was holding me up from behind and whilst I was standing leaning on the desk, she just continued asking me questions, which I couldn't understand! 

I burst into tears and got snappy! 

Then for the rest of the interview worried myself to death about the fact that I had managed to pull myself up and stand for half a minute. 

So rambling and crying!! 
    Nightmare! 

And same as you, I should have asked for a break, but just wanted to get it over with. 

Really shouldn't have to go through this, any of us. x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.