Hi, my name is esims! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is esims!

Options
esims
esims Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have Psoriatic Arthritis, Severe Arthritis of the Spine, Hemiplegic migraine and Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension playing up. As a result of this I have lost most of my hearing as of 2015 when my eardrums burst and am now gradually getting worsening vision. 
Despite all this I try to stay positive and am a carer to my Son who has Autism and Bronchiolitis Obliterans, and Daughter who suffers from Severe depression, and anxiety.
I left my full time job in February to take on a caring roll but had a new boss who lacked any kind of understanding regarding my hearing issues. 
I love spending time with my family and making happy memories. I also enjoy crafting.

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Options

Hello @esims   :

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out to us, wow that was an introduction, thank you very much for sharing with us. it seems you have a lot to put up with in your life at the moment. and it is not helped having a boss that does not have empathy for your situation. 

We are always here to lend support, help, and advise where we can,

If we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us

@connie00   :) 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @esims and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and the fact that your former boss wasn't very understanding.  I too have had bosses like that in the past so can appreciate how frustrating it is.  You seem to be doing a wonderful job in caring for your family and sound very busy.  I enjoy doing crafts too, especially making cards.  What kind of crafts do you make?  I hope you enjoy your time with us as we are a friendly bunch of people!  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @esims, you sound like you have so much going on at the moment. You're very welcome here on the community. How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • esims
    esims Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Guys for the welcome. I'm looking forward to having people to come to that genuinely understand. Please forgive my introductory post. I am so used to just getting on with the rubbish and not discussing it as quite frankly the whole thing is so ridiculous I don't think people will believe me, that I tend to blurt everything out at once if I get the chance to talk (which is rare).
    Ails, I have just come back to Craft after a long break as I have very little feeling in my fingers and tremors but am having a go at everything and anything. We are on a budget this Christmas so lot's of family members are getting Scratch cards presented in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Nothing to forgive @esims. You're more than welcome to talk here. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness