Hi, my name is gemini! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gemini!

gemini
gemini Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have joined this community as I now live in a nursing home as none of my family want me.  I am 69 and was a good mother and wife with a lovely home.  It seems,  if I can't "pull my weight" any longer, I am not wanted.  I am heartbroken and my only friends and family now are care workers and nurses.   I suffered a rogue embolism last January and been lame ever since.

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    welcome to the forum
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gemini   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Your not alone, we are here as a community to support. Plenty of new friends and lots of information and advice.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members who join the community.

Please if I can help with anything please ask. We are friendly, care and share.

Please we also are  compassionate, have empathy and do listen.

Always some one to talk to please feel free to join in discussions.  Some one here for a chat  to talk to anytime you wish to.

Pleasure  to meet you wish you well enjoy your time with our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @gemini, I'm really sorry you feel so pushed out and abandoned. Hopefully you'll get plenty of support here. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gemini - Welcome to this very supportive community, & thank you for joining us all. How have you been today?
    You are wanted here & I hope you will come and chat and make some new friends too. Sending hugs.

Brightness