Just had PIP assessment, worried about how it went! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had PIP assessment, worried about how it went!

forcesman
forcesman Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've just had my pip assessment,i originally got dla then I did the changeover to pip in which I was awarded enhanced rate of care for I think it was 4 years but I wasn't required to do face to face but this time I've had to do one,i've also been on esa for the past 5 years in the support group and have never done face to face for that either,so now I'm in just a mass panic that I've said wrong thing or whatever after reading so many horror stories??!!!i was in the armed forces for 18 years but unfortunately became very I'll and ended up being medically discharged with bi polar disorder and ptsd,i guess I just have to wait but am worried sick I'm gonna lose my award!!

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @forcesman, hello and welcome to the community, as you have just had your f2f acessment wait a while then ring DWP and ask for a copy of your acessment report it takes about two weeks to arrive since requesting. On receiving it read it through and  you will get a good idea how your interview went and what your award may be, but you still have to wait for the official award letter.
  • miamia03
    miamia03 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I just phoned and asked for a copy of my report and they said they dont send them ti ll a desicion has been made x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's only in Northern Ireland DWP won't send assessors' reports until after decisions are made.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    I think it's only in Northern Ireland DWP won't send assessors' reports until after decisions are made.

It's also pot luck in the rest of the UK. Some will, some won't.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @forcesman, and fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for. If we can be of any assistance in the meantime, do let us know.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Such a worryingly time .we've all had the dreaded wait .and your right with all the stories makes it worse .fingers crossed for a fair result .I thought we could ask for our report?.good luck 
  • littleruthie123
    How long after can you ask for it please?
  • littleruthie123
    Haven't had my face too face .but have the worry about the worry syndrome ?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @littleruthie123, from what others have said, you should be able to request your assessment report straight away by contacting the DWP.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi  i had my f2f on monday at home , my assessor said it takes about 4 days for dwp to get her paperwork and she told me to ring after 2 weeks as someone may  tell me over the phone if its good news,  i rang dwp today to ask wen they receive my report will they send it , they said  NOT until theyve made a descion ????
    Not heard this before ..
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Not true unless you live in Northern Ireland.  Phone again and you'll probably get a different person.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    chiz said:
    Hi  i had my f2f on monday at home , my assessor said it takes about 4 days for dwp to get her paperwork and she told me to ring after 2 weeks as someone may  tell me over the phone if its good news,  i rang dwp today to ask wen they receive my report will they send it , they said  NOT until theyve made a descion ????
    Not heard this before ..
    That's what they told me after the three assessments I have had. The report came with the decision in each case.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    chiz said:
    Not heard this before ..
    Trying ringing again to speak to a different person, chances are they'll agree and send it out to you if they've received both copies back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I understand the worrying well @forcesman. Having waited for a reply for over 12 weeks a f2f was sprung on me (telephoned me Thursday, visited me Monday) so I had little time to prepare and most of that time I was completely funked out. Now all I do is worry or pretend it never happened at all. I have no idea how I will cope. As usual I just seem to be withdrawing from trying to do anything.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    @Topkitten completely understand the withdrawing , my hubby is saying iv become a nightmare , 
    Short tempered too , its the worry , its on my mind 24/7 , 
    Ellen x  
  • Dismum
    Dismum Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi@forcesman can I ask how long ago you left the armed forces. Do you receive a war pension or AFIP? 
  • JamesMcDonald2019
    JamesMcDonald2019 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hi there, well 2.5 months following my assessment for P.I.P, glad I’m here to say that my decision letter came through today (22 November 2019). 

It says I am Awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and the care component. 

I am over the moon. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's frustrating it took so long what but a great result @JamesMcDonald2019
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JamesMcDonald2019
    JamesMcDonald2019 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Thank you Adrian, last month had me really worried that I wasn’t going to receive anything. 

But my top tips for anyone wanting to go through the process is think of everything you’ve achieved regardless of the severity of your disabilities. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @JamesMcDonald2019 - I agree with your last comment. It is very hard to stay positive sometimes - when you're evidencing what you can't do instead of what you can..

Well done...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.