Renew Pip - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Renew Pip

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    When I called she ask if I’d had an assessment, I said no she said they must be try to decide without the assessment as I’d send in lots of proof! Thought they wanted letters etc. Waiting is so stressful but thanks for all your support x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck everyone!
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49 I'm sorry to hear this. Why is it ending in November? How long do you get it awarded for, is it 3 years? I have been in a similar situation and it made me so ill. I hope all goes well. 
  • Tammyjane33
    Hi does anyone know how many years pip is awarded for please? Thankyou in advance x
  • Tammyjane33
    Sorry I think I'm looking at old posts 
  • M_Eandme
    M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    oh my goodness I got the dreaded brown envelope and my pip runs out in November. Help! Please! ?
    Hi @debbiedo49 my pip also ran out this month, had an assessment so waiting on copy of my report atm, the stress is taking over my days waiting with worry, as i went through tribunal last year, good luck ?
  • Tammyjane33
    @M_Eandme sorry to hear this. I hope you're assessment went well ?
  • M_Eandme
    Hi does anyone know how many years pip is awarded for please? Thankyou in advance x
    Hi @Tammyjayn33 usually 2/3 years but could be more depends on the individual as far as i know :) 
  • M_Eandme
    @M_Eandme sorry to hear this. I hope you're assessment went well ?
    Thanks @Tammyjane33 im still waiting for my report so have fingers crossed. My 1st assessment in 2017 was 40 mins and my report was full of lies. My recent assessment was almost 2 hours, and the guy seemed nice but i will wait to see my report :/

• Tammyjane33
    Thankyou @M_Eandme fingers crossed there will be no problems for you. ?❤️
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It depends on the individual person but it can be anything from 9 months to 10 years, which is the maximum award length.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tammyjane33
  • susan48
    Well on Friday I received a txt informing my that an appointment has been arranged for a f2f, Friday 13th December, how lucky am I. Im annoyed as they have had my form since the end of September. Never mind,  as of now I can’t pay my bill and live that’s to the lack of interest from the government, cheers for that and a merry Christmas to them all cause here’s one person not able to think about anything else that pip and assessment and money.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    susan48 said:
    Well on Friday I received a txt informing my that an appointment has been arranged for a f2f, Friday 13th December, how lucky am I. Im annoyed as they have had my form since the end of September. Never mind,  as of now I can’t pay my bill and live that’s to the lack of interest from the government, cheers for that and a merry Christmas to them all cause here’s one person not able to think about anything else that pip and assessment and money.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I note from a previous comment you were expecting a paper based assessment as you were told it was with a case manager. I'm sorry the information you were given about the paper based assessment was incorrect. Sometimes there is a delay in sending a file to the health assessment providers, other times they are sent straight away but they are always sent to them because they are the ones that write the reports and without a report a decision can't be made.

When my daughter had her review last year, i returned her forms at the beginning of September and it was 11 weeks before they were sent to the health assessment providers.

Paper based assessments are very rare, unfortunately. Do you have someone to attend the assessment with you? This can help any anxiety you may have on the day.

Once you've had the assessment, wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

I also note from another comment of yours on this thread that you don't know how you're going to pay your mortgage, i would advise you to ring your mortgage provider to tell them about your financial difficulties and hopefully they will be able to help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    Thanks @poppy123456, I have someone to take me to the assessment as it’s miles away.
    i did ring my mortgage company yesterday to make them aware of my situation so I have something in place for 2 months. Hopefully within that time they will have come to a decision.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48, I really hope it all goes okay and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    If you need anything in the meantime then please do let us know!
    Scope

• debbiedo49
    M_Eandme said:
    Hi @Tammyjayn33 usually 2/3 years but could be more depends on the individual as far as i know :) 
    My last award was. 2 years so I'm guessing it could be from one year onwards. I've read on here folks suggesting you ask for a longer award at assessment or tribunal but I've never been that confident. 
  • debbiedo49
    susan48 said:
    I know exactly how you feel. It's horrible. My last claim ended while I've been going through the process. I'm now off pip. Reducing my income drastically. I'm on jsa and work part time. What I earn comes off jsa. The pip has been the motivation to go to work, to not be poor and not feeling less worthy than my colleagues earning wages. Luckily I walk there so I don't need travel money. I'm just feeling why bother? Who am I kidding? It's such roller coaster of emotions. I feel that I should get pip until a Decision is made. I'm feeling that I want a decision now so I know. Laughably, today I got a brown envelope today advising me I'm getting my travel expenses sent to my bank. It's been over one month for thirty pounds for taxis I couldn't afford. So yay I'm rich ? 
  • susan48
    @debbiedo49, I know it’s really tough but try to stay strong. It will probably be will into at least January before I hear anything after my assessment. Take care x
  • M_Eandme
    It is not good at any time bit especially right on Christmas. My pip stopped November and also waiting for a decision, i requested a copy of the assessment report and 18 days on still waiting, i know they have back logs thou, good luck both ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.