Hi, my name is unicornsinfezes! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is unicornsinfezes!

unicornsinfezes
unicornsinfezes Community member Posts: 7 Connected
hello! 
i have brittle asthma which affects me a lot day to day and also a couple different mental health problems. most people see asthma as something that isn’t that serious, but actually it’s life threatening for me so that can be hard. 
i am currently studying nursing and would love to make some friends!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome to the community! I don't have Asthma myself, but I've seen how life-threatening it can be, I can't imagine how someone feels during an asthma attack! Are you enjoying studying? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • unicornsinfezes
    i absolutely love it, but it’s so intense and i don’t really have any friends in my cohort :(  
    luckily i graduate in 18 months (scary though!)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read about your health problems, but it's great to learn you're studying nursing. I was a physio a long time ago & met many lovely nurses along the way. Is there any particular field of nursing you like?
    This is a great community so have a look around too (try the 'All groups' link at the top right of this page). Hope to speak to you again. It's good to 'meet' you!
  • unicornsinfezes
    paediatric mental health is my main passion! 
    thats amazing, my auntie was a physio! 
    thank you for the tips :)
  • chiarieds
    Hi, as a physio student I became interested in neurology, & knew I wanted to work in paediatrics; put the 2 together & worked out I wanted to work with children with cerebral palsy....which I did.
    Great to hear your Auntie was a physio, & you've worked out where you would like to help as a nurse already. Happy to chat to you anytime (when you're not studying!).
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  How are you today?  Yes, asthma can be quite debilitating.  I have a couple of friends who have it.  I wish you well with your nursing course.  It sounds great!  Please have a look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  We are a friendly bunch of people.  I have made many friends on here since joining over a year ago and I'm sure you will too.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @unicornsinfezes and welcome. Are you excited to be done studying? Your focus sounds fantastic. Good luck! :smiley:
    I developed asthma a few years ago, so very suddenly discovered just how serious it can be. I hope you're doing okay. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything and feel free to jump in and start chatting. See you around the community! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • unicornsinfezes
    thank you both for your kind words! i am very happy to graduate soon, but it is also a bit terrifying! 
    right now, i’m focusing on my cats and my fiancé and trying to get all my work done! ?
  • chiarieds
    I see you're finding your way around here.....I saw the great picture of your cats. My kitten, Shadow, was abandoned too in a nearby car park, & she's adopted me, & her brother has a new home close by.

Brightness