Hi all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all

Trikerdude2009
Trikerdude2009 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi I'm gavin still new to all this disability stuff. But thought I'd give on here a go.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Trikerdude2009 - Welcome, & thank you for joining us all here. We're a friendly group, so please have a look around using the 'All groups' link to your right. Just join in any discussion. Look forward to seeing you around!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    I'm glad you found us @Trikerdude2009. How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Trikerdude2009 and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Trikerdude2009
    Thanks all I'm not bad been better but sa la vie lol.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Trikerdude2009 - Are you surviving this damp weather? Think we're all going to need webbed feet shortly, it's been so wet!
    Hope you're managing to have a look around. Please say if you have any questions about the site, or life in general.
  • Trikerdude2009
    The bad Weather is a kller for me with my condition. And as I need an elbow crutch its causing issues as my elbow crutch slips and slides around when wet.
  • chiarieds
    I have the same difficulty with my elbow crutches they are very difficult to use in the wet! I've got decking outside both my doors which is very slippy too. My joints don't like the damp very much either as I have osteoarthrosis & hypermobility. My knee joints go off in a different direction to me at the best of times! What condition do you have, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Trikerdude2009 and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  How are you today?  I agree, elbow crutches and rain aren't a good combination as I used to find that too when on my feet.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  You will find the forum to be really supportive with lots of lovely, friendly people on it.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Trikerdude2009
    No j don't mind at all I have fibromyalgia Cfs/M.E and osteoarthritis throught my entire body its hell. But you just got to try and get on with it.
  • chiarieds
    So you're in pain with several things going on. I'm like you with the OA; the list is shorter for those joints not affected. I have chronic pain from a neurological condition (Chiari 1 Malformation), & it shares many of the symptoms found in fibromyalgia. I'm sorry you've got M.E. too. I'm like you 'tho, I try to push through it all. There are quite a lot of people here with your disorders, 'tho I'm not sure many have got all three!

Brightness