I am looking to make friends more my own age who are severely sight impaired or partially sighted. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am looking to make friends more my own age who are severely sight impaired or partially sighted.

Stevieee93
Stevieee93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just turned 26 last month and only know people that are a lot older then myself with visual impairments. Is there anyone out there who can relate? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stevieee93 and welcome to the community. I'm nearly 25 and I can relate to how you feel. However, since finding others on social media, who are roughly the same age, I don't feel isolated or like I'm the only one anymore.

I have a vision impairment, hearing loss and many other disabilities, but being here on the community and getting to know others in a similar position on social media, has changed my life for the better!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Stevieee93 and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board and thank you for sharing with us.  We have all different ages of members on the forum including young people and I am sure you will find others in similar circumstances as yourself.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and make some new friends.  It is a great supportive space and we are a friendly bunch of people.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Stevieee93. I hope you'll find lots of support here and make some new friends. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness