Hi, my name is Footballmadboy67! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Footballmadboy67!

Footballmadboy67
Footballmadboy67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I am a 50 year old man, who lives in my own house with 24 hour carers, I have been living here for 30 years plus. I am joining today as I would like some help with a problem. I  have had pain in my hip for many months and I waiting to see many doctors, but it taking too long. Has anyone else had problems and recommend anything else other than heat pads, bed rest and swallowing painkillers by the bucket load! It would be nice also to get to chat to new friends on here. thank you for reading.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Footballmadboy67 and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you've been in pain for quite some time, you're not alone as many of our community members experience chronic pain and I'm sure they will be in touch soon to share their experiences and offer tips :) if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Footballmadboy67 - Welcome to the community from me too. Sometimes heat works; others find that ice is better, as in wrapping some frozen peas up well in a towel. The problem is, we can't really say further, as no-one here can give medical advice, as I hope you understand. It might be an idea to see your GP, who knows you better, to ask their opinion in addressing your painful hip whilst you wait for appropriate referrals.

Brightness