Chronic migraine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic migraine

Options
shr6yapatel
shr6yapatel Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Wanting to speak to anyone who gets migraines! Would love advice and rant-space :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. I'm afraid we are not medically trained and therefore will not be able to give you any medical advice regarding this. Have you spoken to your GP about your migraines?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shr6yapatel    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you  for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions..  As my friend @poppy123456 explains to you not allowed to give medical advice.

I would suggest as advised speak to your GP.

Other pints are diet requirements know certain foods cause migraines.

These include the C 's.

Caffeine, Chocolate, Citrus, Cheeses.

Caffeine in Tea and Coffee .

Anything your susceptible to write a food diary.

Understand this organisation will advise you more.

https://www.migrainetrust.org.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shr6yapatel - Welcome to the community from me too. There are certainly others here who suffer migraines, so I hope they may get in touch with you. I know how awful they can be, as I had them for only about a couple of years a long time ago.
    You are also most welcome to 'rant' here any time; many feel the need of this at times, & this is a safe space to do so!
    Please look around the forum & join in any discussions of interest. Try the 'All groups' link on the right, near the top of this page. Please also chat here too.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @shr6yapatel and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear about you having migraines as I can imagine that they can be nasty.  As others have advised, it is best to speak to you GP about it, but you may find other members of the forum who have migraines also, as @chiarieds has mentioned to you.  If so, I'm sure they will lend some support to you and be happy to share their experiences also.  I hope the migraines lessen for you in the future and please feel free to chat to us anytime, as there will always be someone to listen.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @shr6yapatel. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness